Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Receiver Lineup Help??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=647234)

TridentXVII 01-22-2014 07:20 PM

Re: Receiver Lineup Help???

For under 50k 1. Terrance Williams Gotw makes believable spec catches 2. Gotw Dez Bryant relatively fast and good release and strength 3. Hines Ward he's not that flashy but hangs onto the ball, which is important when in the slot.

regoob2 01-22-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TridentXVII (Post 2045884555)
For under 50k 1. Terrance Williams Gotw makes believable spec catches 2. Gotw Dez Bryant relatively fast and good release and strength 3. Hines Ward he's not that flashy but hangs onto the ball, which is important when in the slot.

I really don't think any of those guys are much better then what he has.

He needs an elite Moss, CV Fitz, Elite Crabtree.

TridentXVII 01-22-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 2045884589)

I know they don't statistically seem better, but when you use them on the field there is a huge difference. I've used cv fitz and johnson before and they didn't seem worth their price. My fitz never had that great of a release and my johnson always dropped balls when he went up in the air. Williams and Bryant have dropped less than 10 balls in over 40ish games. Also, we don't know his price range so if he has no coins he could sell his guys for them. Just my opinion though.

CAJ16 01-22-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regoob2 (Post 2045884589)

Only thing I can really comment on is GotW Dez. Card stats aren't great but if you look deeper the stats are there. He is an excellent wideout guy.

I'd point out that Roddy LL is always open. I used him and Dez as my threats with Heinz for blocking purposes (and a nice possession option).

Ballgame59 01-22-2014 09:10 PM

I have about 200k but don't want to spend it all right now. Thing is, I throw about 5 passes per game - If that. I did just pick up Bolden for his 97 CIT.

There's only one card I think I actually need right now and that's GOTW Sherman. Is that what you call it? GOTW? So I am not even sure I should splurge on a receiver at this time. In fact, if I remember, I got all of those receivers in a pack. I just completed the Cover Athletes Challenge and was really hoping for Crabtree or Woodson. I got Frazier instead. Who I already had (and single handedly won the game for me).

EDIT: I usually use Ace backfield and have Davis as my TE.

Kennedyisdead 01-22-2014 10:25 PM

I don't throw much either and Dez and Williams are my 1 and 2, only cuz im a Cowboys fan. If I were to give you some advice it would be to make a team with players you like, instead of going for highest team possible. It is funner that way.

CAJ16 01-22-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedyisdead (Post 2045885068)
I don't throw much either and Dez and Williams are my 1 and 2, only cuz im a Cowboys fan. If I were to give you some advice it would be to make a team with players you like, instead of going for highest team possible. It is funner that way.

100% this. It's all good to build "the perfect lineup;" just remember that the closer you get to that the closer you will mirror other squads.

stand ur ground 01-22-2014 10:32 PM

Sherman on wkds usually pops up under 100k. Wait for better prices. And for wideout on a budget 99 fitz is like 40k. Thats almost a no brainer to me. Hes one of the best deals on the market. I prefer him in the slots