Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Coach Skills in Sim/Coach Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=647470)

EricFreakingBerry 07-29-2013 08:24 AM

Coach Skills in Sim/Coach Mode

I guess my question is, do the Game Management, OC, and DC coach skill trees affect anything in sim or coach mode? It kind of seems the only tree that would affect anything outside of playing the game yourself is the Recruiting tree. I admit I haven't gotten started into my Coach Mode this year quite yet, just been doing a lot of simming and playing outside of dynasty.

I just wondered if by simming 6 games a year, is there a difference between having a Level 20+ OC and a Level 2 OC since those ratings boosts don't appear on the depth chart, they seem to be tied to in-game effect only.

Any thoughts?

jhawk886 07-29-2013 05:13 PM

Re: Coach Skills in Sim/Coach Mode

I've been wondering about this too. I play cpu vs cpu and really hope the skills have an impact. If they don't have an impact in games that aren't physically played it was a waist of development time for ea. 90% of games aren't going to be played, ridiculous if the only skills that matter for 99% of teams are from the recruiting tree.

thedudedominick 07-29-2013 05:44 PM

I don't know about simulated games, but for sure during coach mode or cpu vs cpu games the coach skills come into play.

sjcgod 07-29-2013 07:02 PM

ok, so im fairly new to these forums and i keep seeing "coach mode".

What is this and how is it accomplished?

EricFreakingBerry 07-30-2013 09:22 AM

sjcgod: When you go to play a game, you can choose to play in coach mode in the settings, which means you call all the plays and can make some pre-play decisions but the CPU plays the game for you.

So does anyone else have any feedback? I think we can firmly say that in simulation these coach skills mean nothing, right?