Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The Wheel of destiny: Injury simulator (/forums/showthread.php?t=648360)

Scrollbar 08-01-2013 02:41 AM

The Wheel of destiny: Injury simulator

Since there's no real injury bug when you play each game in a dynasty mode, to add realism I made a little chart of odds and using

Combined with

http://www.random.org/

after each week spin the wheel of destiny!

1) Click generate for the 1st number to see if there's an injury

2) If there is click the generate button again to see the length of the injury

3) Then click a 3rd time to see which poor soul gets the injury. Repeat if you got 2 injuries on your 1st number "spin".

edit: If you have a 3-4 the DT 3 would become your MLB3

Chedapalooza 08-01-2013 02:57 AM

Re: The Wheel of destiny: Injury simulator

I don't get how this chart works at all..

tHurley2010 08-01-2013 03:11 AM

I'm guessing you "spin" three times. The first determines the amount of injuries; the second determines the severity of the injury; and the third determines who gets injured.

Scrollbar 08-01-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedapalooza (Post 2045307649)
I don't get how this chart works at all..

Go to the number generator website. It generates a random number by default from 1-100.

So the click for the 1st number to see if there's an injury

If there is click the generate button again to see the length of the injury

Then click a 3rd time to see which poor soul gets the injury. Repeat if you got 2 injuries on your 1st number "spin".

Chedapalooza 08-01-2013 03:43 AM

Thanks, so then just remove them from depth chart I'm assuming for the appropriate period of time. And obviously whatever other injuries occurr are just a bonus lol

Chedapalooza 08-01-2013 03:57 AM

I would also like to have the possibility that kicker and punter get hurt. I think I will take one point from qb1 and 1 point from QB two. And allocate to punter and kicker

Scrollbar 08-01-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chedapalooza (Post 2045307704)
I would also like to have the possibility that kicker and punter get hurt. I think I will take one point from qb1 and 1 point from QB two. And allocate to punter and kicker

Eh... if you want your kickers to be included maybe substitute them for backup O linemen or something?

Rumplebeanskin 08-01-2013 04:49 AM

I like the idea, it made a few different thoughts cross my mind:

1) The following page may be of use:
Page 2 of Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation System
That page has an explanation and a link (2 post from bottom of page) to an excel sheet that does what you're trying to replicate here (his spreadsheet replicates NCAA offences and infractions). Full credit for him for the idea, and if you do use the spreadsheet, or the basis behind it to create your own, please drop him a message on that thread to thank him, it really is very easy to use. The legwork for creating the random numbers is done entirely in excel, and is pretty smart.

Use the random number command in excel, you can get it to draw you a random number between any 2 amounts, I believe that will replicate what you're trying to do here.

Use the formula =RANDBETWEEN(1,100) and that should do the trick.

2) I like the idea of more user injuries, but I've not noticed how frequent the CPU teams pick up injuries. If you were to randomly generate between 5-10 injuries to your team per season, would that be a significantly larger amount than anything the CPU picks up? Or is the issue that CPU teams pick up injured players at a reasonable rate, and user injuries are largely absent? Is it a game wide problem, or just a user team problem?