Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Over time glitch (/forums/showthread.php?t=648382)

cgalligan 08-01-2013 05:40 AM

Over time glitch

Hey fellas,

Sorry if this has already been talked about, I searched through some of the Bugs and Glitches thread and didn't notice it...

I run a 12 man online dynasty, so this glitch didn't happen to me 1st hand, but I heard about it from one of my members...

Overtime

1st OT - both teams get the ball and score TD's
-- Team A then Team B

2nd OT - both teams get the ball and score TD's
-- Team B then Team A

3rd OT - Team A gets the ball, throws and INT... Then they get a new set of downs somehow... They run 3 plays, and kick a GW FG...

Team B never gets the ball in the 3rd overtime... This is a pretty bad glitch... Anyone else run into this???

Mules50 08-01-2013 08:40 AM

Re: Over time glitch

This was an issue with last year's game as well. For some reason, a turnover in the 3 OT does not give the ball to the other team. Basically, if you get the ball first in the 3 OT you have a huge advantage.

bigdt21 08-01-2013 08:44 AM

I had the same issue with an offline game this year. It was really frustrating, as I thought I had won it in the 3OT, but they got another chance. I eventually won it in 7OT, but I was pissed.

jayenomics 08-01-2013 08:49 AM

Sad to see this glitch is still in the game. Hopefully this year is the year they fix it.

RVallee 08-01-2013 09:13 AM

Is this only in the 3OT, or is it in every OT 3rd and beyond I wonder. If it were just the 3rd both teams could turn it over and resume in the 4th.

BrockOchoGOAT 08-01-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVallee (Post 2045307982)
Is this only in the 3OT, or is it in every OT 3rd and beyond I wonder. If it were just the 3rd both teams could turn it over and resume in the 4th.

Something similar happened to me in the 5th OT. I was an Offensive Coordinator so i was not playing defense, but I got the ball first in the 5th OT scored a TD and missed the 2 pt conversion. I was then given the ball again. Once I ran a play and got out of bounds, the game was over and I had won.

Montezuma 08-01-2013 12:51 PM

Had a similar glitch happen to me. OT game in the Orange bowl. I score a TD. CPU scores a TD. CPU kicks a FG in 2OT. I get psyched cuz I'm gonna pull this one out. CPU gets ball back?! CPU runs one play and the game ends. I lose 45-42.

jerwol 08-01-2013 03:59 PM

Happened to me when I was a DC. CPU started with the ball in OT and kicked a FG, then they got the ball back, ran one play and the game ended.

I don't remember which OT this was.

Even worse, the reason the game went into to OT was because my offense got into the redzone, then sat on the ball for the final minute without attempting a pass or a FG. I had to watch from the sidelines in horror unable to do anything about it as the DC.