Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Awareness issues in new recruits (/forums/showthread.php?t=648402)

DFogarty3 08-01-2013 08:56 AM

Awareness issues in new recruits

Does anyone else in their dynasties adjust AWR for recruits in the preseason? I have noticed that all my major 4 and 5 star recruits have great ratings except it seems the cpu tend to lower their awr to low 40's to balance out their ovr and this seems to effect how they play since my guys never seem to be in the right position and it just seems odd that an AA senior doesnt understand football concepts after starting 4 years at a major program? Maybe i am just missing something but curious about what everyone else thinks about this.

BleedGreen710 08-01-2013 09:02 AM

Re: Awareness issues in new recruits

Its a case-by-case basis. I just checked all my true freshman and some have low 40s awareness but most have around 50-60 and the highest was 67. Seems somewhat realistic to me, as they are new to the college level and its a lot faster then the high school game they just came from. Also, good performers will often gain awareness during the season.

DFogarty3 08-01-2013 10:36 AM

Maybe i need to to pay closer attention to this, just noticed on my last recruiting class that most of my freshmen were below 50 awr. I will track how much they improve over their career. I do agree it is realistic if it improves but not so much if they dont.

hazey 08-01-2013 11:01 AM

hows the progression for awareness over 4 years?

DFogarty3 08-01-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazey (Post 2045308256)
hows the progression for awareness over 4 years?

Honestly not sure, going to start really watching that aspect of the game from now on.

badman33462 08-01-2013 11:30 AM

It's EA sports way of making sure these recruits don't come in as 90+ players as true freshmen. Another thing to keep in mind is that if these recruits are athletes, they will have lower awareness if you put them at a position that isn't their primary position.

DFogarty3 08-01-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman33462 (Post 2045308334)
It's EA sports way of making sure these recruits don't come in as 90+ players as true freshmen. Another thing to keep in mind is that if these recruits are athletes, they will have lower awareness if you put them at a position that isn't their primary position.

I do understand that an ath will lose points but i notice it alot with position players too.

jmik58 08-01-2013 12:52 PM

I like the idea that awareness is lower for incoming freshmen. If you're playing the game and controlling that player it becomes irrelevant what their awareness is, but other than that a freshman should "struggle" with the mental aspect and be inconsistent.