Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Cannot throw Deep passes (/forums/showthread.php?t=650494)

Saints21 08-09-2013 11:49 AM

Cannot throw Deep passes

Hello

I have tried like crazy to throw deep passes, but everytime I do it is intercepted by the CB... does this have to do with sliders? (I have QBA at 5 and play with Coverage and Int (high) as depicted by the slider theories thread).

I have only thrown one beautiful deep pass.. do I have to wait till the WR has passes the defensive player.. seems that if I throw it before the Defensive player reacts to quickly...

Thanks!!

ggsimmonds 08-09-2013 12:01 PM

Re: Cannot throw Deep passes

From my experience ints on one on one deep passes are typically the result of throwing late.

THP seems to matter more now. If the QB does not have a strong arm then the deep ball tends to hang up there little longer.

If it is 1v1 situation make sure you are giving a strong lead and putting as little air under it s possible

StormJH1 08-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2045333614)
From my experience ints on one on one deep passes are typically the result of throwing late.

THP seems to matter more now. If the QB does not have a strong arm then the deep ball tends to hang up there little longer.

If it is 1v1 situation make sure you are giving a strong lead and putting as little air under it s possible

I agree with most of this (and THP does seem to make some difference), but Precision Passing on deep balls still isn't "right". It works great on crossing routes and bullet passes - you can throw to a guy's back shoulder, lead him, etc. I actually enjoy throwing in the red zone now because I know I can control it.

But it should be possible to purposefully tell my QB to lead the WR too far. In other words, if there is no safety help on that side, and my receiver has a step on the CB one-on-one, I would use the deep ball more often if I could tell him to throw it 5-10 yards past the WR, so that either my guy gets it or it hits the turf.

Overthrows are too rare on throws over 20 yards. Especially considering that I tell him to over-lead the receiver EVERY time, and it still ends up being picked off by the CB in front of my receiver.

You can throw deep in this game, but only because of a blown coverage or if you fit it in the window between two layers of defense in zone. The one-on-one deep ball should be a bigger part of the game. I have no problem if it only is completed 1 out of every 5 tries, but the "misses" should be incomplete more than they are INT's.

ggsimmonds 08-09-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormJH1 (Post 2045333675)
I agree with most of this (and THP does seem to make some difference), but Precision Passing on deep balls still isn't "right". It works great on crossing routes and bullet passes - you can throw to a guy's back shoulder, lead him, etc. I actually enjoy throwing in the red zone now because I know I can control it.

But it should be possible to purposefully tell my QB to lead the WR too far. In other words, if there is no safety help on that side, and my receiver has a step on the CB one-on-one, I would use the deep ball more often if I could tell him to throw it 5-10 yards past the WR, so that either my guy gets it or it hits the turf.

Overthrows are too rare on throws over 20 yards. Especially considering that I tell him to over-lead the receiver EVERY time, and it still ends up being picked off by the CB in front of my receiver.

You can throw deep in this game, but only because of a blown coverage or if you fit it in the window between two layers of defense in zone. The one-on-one deep ball should be a bigger part of the game. I have no problem if it only is completed 1 out of every 5 tries, but the "misses" should be incomplete more than they are INT's.

You are absolutely right. Generally the only time I go deep now is off of playaction when a guy is wide open.

They do need to improve the way the deep ball plays out.

8mileroad 08-09-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2045333706)
You are absolutely right. Generally the only time I go deep now is off of playaction when a guy is wide open.

They do need to improve the way the deep ball plays out.

I believe this is a reaction to the overpowered lead passing of last year. They severely nerfed it this year to the point that you really can't lead your wide receivers on deep balls. Ninety percent of the time I see my wide receiver turning around to catch the ball rather than catching it over his shoulder, which is a problem.

wtd03 08-09-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8mileroad (Post 2045333721)
I believe this is a reaction to the overpowered lead passing of last year. They severely nerfed it this year to the point that you really can't lead your wide receivers on deep balls. Ninety percent of the time I see my wide receiver turning around to catch the ball rather than catching it over his shoulder, which is a problem.

I have a WR with 99 speed and acceleration and a qb with a 99 throw power and accuracy. Still cant lead my receiver on the field on post routes. Gets intercepted 95% of the time

d11king 08-09-2013 02:18 PM

Hmm that's strange, reading the comments in here. I'm having alot of success with the deep ball throw, UCLA Brett Hundley to Shaq Evans. If I see Evans has somewhat of a step on the DB, lead pass it and put enough zip on it for it to become a foot race. Can't just barely lob it up there or bullet pass, it has to be the right touch {like a little bit softer than a bullet pass} I don't switch to the WR either, so the pass will be led enough for Evans to go get it himself, but there have been cases where Hundley will underthrow the receiver but it's due to the pocket not being as clean or just a misplaced ball. If suggest going into practice mode, starting at your own 30, and have the defense blitz so you get that one on one coverage, and practice the throws.

Matt10 08-09-2013 02:54 PM

I don't have any issues with the deep ball. QBA @ zero is what we are using - but playing on varsity/heisman you're going to see less blown coverages due to over-aggressive DBs and safeties. So the Dbs are there to make a play on the ball - and it's not always a pick; just depends on ratings.