Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Incredibly bad computer ai (/forums/showthread.php?t=650609)

Mrbad31 08-09-2013 08:30 PM

Incredibly bad computer ai

Had to put my story online. Im maryland and just finished my first game of a new dynasty and am playing fiu. Was down 35-13 and came back to tie it in the 4th. Im playing on heisman sliders, just so you know. So its 35-35 and fiu gets a long pass, like 44 yards with 31 seconds left down at the 22 and going in to score. The cpu lets the clock run to 8 seconds and time is clicking down. They snap the ball with 3 seconds left and gets 2 yards and time expires and the game goes to ot, where i won.........i feel like i stole something. Granted they still had to make the fg, but come on man. Anyone else experience this?????

kwilliam 08-09-2013 10:05 PM

Re: Incredibly bad computer ai

I experienced that in the National championship game, the cpu had a easy fg attempt, but they lost in OT.

heelphreak 08-10-2013 07:04 AM

It's terrible, and it's not just clock management. I can't tell you how many times I've seen an AI db bump my receiver at the line, cover for about 10 yards, and then just stop as if he has deep help. But there never is deep help and you have a receiver running free and a db standing still in space covering no one. I instinctively throw to the open man and it pisses me off every time. Even happens in goal line situations.

Mrbad31 08-10-2013 08:03 PM

Its not just in the 4th quarter either. In the 2nd quarter on my next game the cpu ran the ball with 5 seconds left and two timeouts and simply let time run out.

Also it is annoying when the cpu hurries to the line and spikes the ball. This happend with aboit 1:30 left in the 4th, after i had a sack on first down. They spike the ball and have no timeouts to make it 3rd and 18. They have a bunch of time, but waste a down that costs em the game. So stupid.

tdogg097 08-10-2013 08:26 PM

Madden had similiar issues last year. For some reason, if it's not fourth down the cpu will opt for running plays instead of kicking a fg.

I remember last year I was playing in the AFC Champ game and the Patriots were down by 2 and had driven down to my 10 yard line. It was 1st and 10 with 5 seconds left and no timeouts. All they had to do was kick to win. They line up in formation. Since it was such a gimme kick I decided I lost the game so I kept going offsides until they eventually scored a td. It's pretty pathetic that this is still an issue.

ghettogeeksta 08-11-2013 04:29 AM

I'm tellin yall they purposely dumbed down the game to make it easier for the user to win. Theres no way in hell the programmers for this game are this bad, not after 8 years, they should know this engine like the back to their hand.

IlluminatusUIUC 08-11-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelphreak (Post 2045336053)
It's terrible, and it's not just clock management. I can't tell you how many times I've seen an AI db bump my receiver at the line, cover for about 10 yards, and then just stop as if he has deep help. But there never is deep help and you have a receiver running free and a db standing still in space covering no one. I instinctively throw to the open man and it pisses me off every time. Even happens in goal line situations.

I lost the national championship game as the offensive coordinator on NCAA 12 because my free safety jumped a 5 yard out when Alabama was down by 4 with 70 yards to go in 10 seconds.