Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   true coach mode in madden 25? (/forums/showthread.php?t=651847)

thawiseone2003 08-14-2013 06:59 PM

true coach mode in madden 25?

does anybody know or have heard if there will be a true coach mode in madden 25? im talking about the player picking the plays and the cpu runs them and not just the qb moving on its own after a certain amount of time. this coach mode has been in ncaa football since forever and not in Madden since 2012.

kcsam 08-14-2013 07:12 PM

Re: true coach mode in madden 25?

I don't recall there ever being a true coach mode in Madden. I'm still playing M12, and there is a coach mode option, but that only ensures the QB throws. You have to scramble and kick.

I'm guessing there is no true coach mode this year, which seems odd to me being that there's an owner mode. You'd think if you own the team you wouldn't be forced to control players.

I hope I'm wrong and a real coach mode makes its way into M25.

jlech1805 08-15-2013 01:05 PM

This is a must for me. I think i remember they were going to program it into '13, hit a snag or an issue, and never put it in.

bsurocksrule 08-15-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlech1805 (Post 2045354409)
This is a must for me. I think i remember they were going to program it into '13, hit a snag or an issue, and never put it in.

In the mean time, if you want a true coach mode, play NFL Head Coach 09. But you won't, I'm sure

Gravit 08-15-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2045351645)
does anybody know or have heard if there will be a true coach mode in madden 25? im talking about the player picking the plays and the cpu runs them and not just the qb moving on its own after a certain amount of time. this coach mode has been in ncaa football since forever and not in Madden since 2012.

There won't be. This is and an owner mode where I don't have to control my players is what I've been wanting and neither is in the game. I recently watched a couple vids on Youtube, posted by someone from Paste Padre playing an early build, and they were going through all the menus of the game. As they came across the coach mode option, the explanation was the same description Madden has always had.

Sad...

IrishFrank 08-15-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2045351645)

I am not sure why this was stated otherwise in other posts but last year's iteration left coach mode out, and then brought it back with a patch, and it was where you pick the plays, snap the ball, and the rest is run by the computer. The QB would scramble, avoid tackles, and/or throw the ball. I noticed in the Demo that there is a coach mode as well, but it is not available in the demo.

jon1960ca 08-15-2013 04:29 PM

Coach Mode / Owner mode type player here as well.

I noticed, in the demo, that coach mode is turned off, and you cant, at the outset, set the controller in the middle and just watch..you must select a team.

But, after kickoff, I am able to go to the controller select screen and move the controller to the middle, and then watch the game in CPU v CPU mode.

If Madden will allow us to set up our game plans, playbooks, etc, then this at least would let us be an "owner" mode role, if not a true "Coach" mode.

IrishFrank 08-23-2013 04:21 PM

So Is the real coach mode, even auto-throw included in the connected career this year or not so much?