Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books? (/forums/showthread.php?t=652611)

Dbrentonbuck 08-17-2013 03:12 AM

Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books?

So, I am messing around with custom play books and I have a question. How do you know if two plays are "linked" together for the PA passing game? I mean some are obvious of course like the Power Run and he PA Power Run (or Read Option and PA Read), but there are a lot that aren't as obvious. Is there any way of know what two plays are linked for the ones that are linked?

TajDeni 08-17-2013 03:40 AM

Re: Does anyone really understand Play Action in custom play books?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck (Post 2045360027)
So, I am messing around with custom play books and I have a question. How do you know if two plays are "linked" together for the PA passing game? I mean some are obvious of course like the Power Run and he PA Power Run (or Read Option and PA Read), but there are a lot that aren't as obvious. Is there any way of know what two plays are linked for the ones that are linked?

best advice i can offer you is to look for the place where the play action is occuring and link run plays and playaction plays that mimick the same mesh point. why it can get alittle more complicated than that, matching the mesh points will get you 90% of where you want to be.

what id also advise is spending alittle time in practice mode on freshman diff level, simply testing your run/playaction matches out.

also note that some run plays dont seem to have a playaction play it will link to. but the vast majority of them do. hope this is of some help to you.

kwjones16 08-17-2013 10:23 AM

I have noticed that just a running out of a certain formation for a a while will set up and play action pretty well for instance you could run hbdive, fb dive, hbpower and then play action play and it'll work almost every time because you have been running for 5 straight plays out of the same formation

Dbrentonbuck 08-17-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwjones16 (Post 2045360377)
I have noticed that just a running out of a certain formation for a a while will set up and play action pretty well for instance you could run hbdive, fb dive, hbpower and then play action play and it'll work almost every time because you have been running for 5 straight plays out of the same formation

Yeah it does work pretty well, but plays that are actually linked (with the link icons in play books) work even better. I just don't know which ones they are from inside create a playbook

jello1717 08-18-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TajDeni (Post 2045360047)
best advice i can offer you is to look for the place where the play action is occuring and link run plays and playaction plays that mimick the same mesh point. why it can get alittle more complicated than that, matching the mesh points will get you 90% of where you want to be.

what id also advise is spending alittle time in practice mode on freshman diff level, simply testing your run/playaction matches out.

also note that some run plays dont seem to have a playaction play it will link to. but the vast majority of them do. hope this is of some help to you.

Even better is to do practice mode with offense only. It takes 20yards to setup a play which you can get every time with offense only.

Dbrentonbuck 08-18-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello1717 (Post 2045363051)
Even better is to do practice mode with offense only. It takes 20yards to setup a play which you can get every time with offense only.

That's pretty smart there... I guess you're some kinda smart guy huh?:y7: