Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Slowing the Read Option - these possibly could help (/forums/showthread.php?t=652649)

RavenWire 08-17-2013 10:41 AM

Slowing the Read Option - these possibly could help

Been playing around with defending the Read Option as in my Washington Dynasty I'll have to play Oregon every year so I need to make sure I can slow it down. In my last 2 games I've played Oregon and Arizona State, and won both 20-16 and 17-10. Mixing these 3 plays up (with adjustments) has done really well for me, so wanted to share and see if anyone else gets the same success. I'm using a slightly tweaked version of skandy's Real Deal Gridiron Sliders. All of these plays are in the Nickel 3-3-5 formation:

Cover 2 - pinch D-Line and crash to middle (optional: press coverage)
Dogs All Go - shift D-Line left, shift Linebackers right
LB Dogs - pinch D-Line, coverage to show blitz

Cover 6 out of the same formation would probably work the same way as Cover 2. They may not work for everyone but I've had some success, let me know what you think/how you get on

RavenWire 08-18-2013 06:07 AM

Re: Slowing the Read Option - these possibly could help

Anyone had a chance to try these? They aren't glitches, cheese etc just to be clear

MsuGaige 08-18-2013 08:59 AM

For me they worked about 60 to 70% of the time. A few huge plays happened here and there

skundy 08-18-2013 09:17 AM

There is a play in 3-3-5 or maybe 4-2-5, can't remember which formation but it has 2 outside blitzing in 1 man coverage, change both blitz to qb spy that works well and also if they are in your redzone I like to pick a play where both safeties are blitzing but change them to flat zones, and press the receivers, I wreak havoc with that play in the redzone.

RavenWire 08-18-2013 12:51 PM

Yeah i had a few big plays but withour cheesing this seems to work well enough. I can live with a couple of big plays. Cover 2/cover 6 get used mainly on 3rd and long.

I'll have a look at those other plays, the more that work the better!

RavenWire 08-20-2013 07:57 AM

Anyone else tried them out? Or have some more additions? Might be worth getting them all together for a defensive scheme to combat it

vhhsfu0509 08-20-2013 08:54 AM

I've been able to stuff the read option by making the defensive adjustment to "QB contain," so that my CPU controlled players play the QB... meanwhile I control a blitzing LB and play the RB.

Works pretty well.

RavenWire 08-20-2013 10:29 AM

Is that with the option defence set to aggressive too? Does it work better with zone or man?