Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Offensive Ideas (/forums/showthread.php?t=652806)

BigMoneyAllDay 08-18-2013 01:38 AM

New Offensive Ideas

Anyone have any help for me on my ideal offense. Basically I'd like to pass most of the time, including the TEs if possible since that seems to work in this game. Also I'd like to be able to audible to a spread and run the option in certain situations. Like if the defense drops back go for run to exploit them. In terms of running usually I wouldn't except out of the Gun really I guess. My RBs would have to catch well. I guess the line should be predicated on Pass Block. Most formations would be various Shotgun type packages with maybe goal line O mixed in if that comes up. I'm running with Illinois btw so there is talent at QB with Wes Lunt (I'm in the second year, Scheelhasse is gone). My best TE is this dude named Davis. The man gets open 70 percent of the time and is a decent catcher.

Basically its a Pro Style offense but I'm adding the spread and giving up on normal running plays in order to confuse the defense.

BigMoneyAllDay 08-18-2013 01:04 PM

Re: New Offensive Ideas

Anyone got any idea on formations?

prettylittlesmiles 08-18-2013 01:12 PM

Start with Wisconsins playbook and edit it. You can add formations that would help you. Then go into the formation and take out any plays you would never run.

BigMoneyAllDay 08-18-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles (Post 2045363479)
Start with Wisconsins playbook and edit it. You can add formations that would help you. Then go into the formation and take out any plays you would never run.

Alright thanks.

Tha_Mac 08-18-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay (Post 2045363460)
Anyone got any idea on formations?

Check the Texas Longhorns playbook. This is who I use in my dynasty they have multiple shotgun & pistol formations with the TE featured heavy, read option plays, 4 & 5 WR sets so this is a great offense to employ your style of play.

aerovt 08-18-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay (Post 2045362691)
Anyone have any help for me on my ideal offense. Basically I'd like to pass most of the time, including the TEs if possible since that seems to work in this game. Also I'd like to be able to audible to a spread and run the option in certain situations. Like if the defense drops back go for run to exploit them. In terms of running usually I wouldn't except out of the Gun really I guess. My RBs would have to catch well. I guess the line should be predicated on Pass Block. Most formations would be various Shotgun type packages with maybe goal line O mixed in if that comes up. I'm running with Illinois btw so there is talent at QB with Wes Lunt (I'm in the second year, Scheelhasse is gone). My best TE is this dude named Davis. The man gets open 70 percent of the time and is a decent catcher.

Basically its a Pro Style offense but I'm adding the spread and giving up on normal running plays in order to confuse the defense.

a playbook where you mostly pass and have most formations as shotgun packages with running out of the shotgun? Sounds like an air raid offense to me

BigMoneyAllDay 08-18-2013 03:32 PM

In the end I switched to Texas's offense. Wisconsin's wasnt working well for some reason, even after modification. I would run Air Raid but theres not quite enough pro style in there.

herropreese 08-18-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay (Post 2045363886)
In the end I switched to Texas's offense. Wisconsin's wasnt working well for some reason, even after modification. I would run Air Raid but theres not quite enough passing in there.

Wait, what? lol