Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Coach Mode for Madden 25 (/forums/showthread.php?t=654301)

fins 08-23-2013 03:27 PM

Coach Mode for Madden 25

Does anyone know if the human qb can take off and run without commanding him to in coach mode this year?

magic247 08-23-2013 05:57 PM

Re: Coach Mode for Madden 25

Bump p d bump

kcsam 08-23-2013 09:04 PM

I've been asking this for weeks. Still haven't received an answer..

cusefan74 08-23-2013 09:09 PM

You just have to give people time to play it and find out.

johnnylawdog 08-24-2013 12:05 AM

True coach mode is definitely in this year's game. It's an option selection in the settings on the main menu. I stress this because you cannot select this option inside a game mode, only on the main menu. You can still play your franchise in coach mode, just be sure it's setup that way from the main menu. Also, the user stills controls all kicking on coach mode.

kcsam 08-24-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylawdog (Post 2045384566)
True coach mode is definitely in this year's game. It's an option selection in the settings on the main menu. I stress this because you cannot select this option inside a game mode, only on the main menu. You can still play your franchise in coach mode, just be sure it's setup that way from the main menu. Also, the user stills controls all kicking on coach mode.

If the user is controlling punting and kicking, then it's not a true "coach mode". This is just having the CPU auto pass. I'm guessing the CPU will not scramble when coach mode is activated either.

fins 08-24-2013 01:16 AM

It has baffled me for years that their is a "true" coach mode in NCAA but not Madden. The qb actually runs and scrambles in NCAA and I've never once understood how a company who puts out two seperate titles of the same sport cannot collaborate to get the proper coding in. I eould think at some EA Sports luncheon that Bob leans over to Joe and says,"Psst, how'd you get that guy to run?"

johnnylawdog 08-24-2013 03:57 AM

I haven't seen a scramble yet, but I've had limited time with the game. I got in one game (falcons at saints). Neither qb "scrambled" but they did do a pretty good job of avoiding sacks. They definitely moved around the pocket. I even saw them leave the pocket and throw on the run. But neither Matt Ryan or Drew Brees actually scrambled for plus yardage. But they rarely do in real life, so it seems pretty realistic to me. I did get in 1 quarter of Giants at Redskins. RG3 ran the read option very well, but I didn't see a scramble. Again, this is only 1 quarter. I did see him leave the pocket and throw on the run, so it's very possible he would scramble down field.