Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruited and signed the #1 QB... (/forums/showthread.php?t=654360)

GritSnSpeed 08-23-2013 09:27 PM

Recruited and signed the #1 QB...

Without having tried recruiting him for the last 6weeks of the season. He wasn't on my draft board, and didn't actually have a scholarship offer from me.

I'm Old Dominion, 2 seasons into my OD. I moved to the MAC aftet the first season, over achieved- winning 9 games(including a bowl victory over Navy) but lost a couple conference games and didn't play for the Conf Championship.

He's from AZ and chose me over Stanford and USC. He will be my immediate starter. I didn't put any points towards him during the off-season, and it wasn't until signing day that I looked at my Recruiting Class to see where I ranked and saw him. It said I got a 5* but I couldn't remember who. Went and looked and there he was. I had tried going after him just for s&g and after a few weeks I wasn't picking up steam at all so I removed him from my board.

Is this a glitch or what? Just curious about the responses you guys could give.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

cparrish 08-23-2013 09:33 PM

Re: Recruited and signed the #1 QB...

I like you wouldn't be too happy getting him. I'd feel like I just cheated my way to getting the player even thought you didn't do anything to cheat. I like to struggle getting recruits, especially as a smaller school.

tony kant think 08-23-2013 09:36 PM

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes.

GritSnSpeed 08-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cparrish (Post 2045384060)
I like you wouldn't be too happy getting him. I'd feel like I just cheated my way to getting the player even thought you didn't do anything to cheat. I like to struggle getting recruits, especially as a smaller school.

I know. I have a desire to cut him and play it off like he was a storyline. A very talented bad egg with a shady past. He got overlooked because of it, signed with me then got arrested. Similar to Cam Newton in the arrest aspect, and recreate him as a juco Sophmore for next yr.

....But I'd really love to have him. I signed an athletic option style qb last yr who is a redshirt freshman. I wss thinking of using a two qb system. I'm a run heavy team anyway, mostly cuz the pass blocking of my line is terrible

cusefan74 08-23-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Ruck the Faiders
I love it!

Sorry of topic, but couldn't help myself.

GritSnSpeed 08-23-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cusefan74 (Post 2045384093)
I love it!

Sorry of topic, but couldn't help myself.

What?...

Pezell04x 08-23-2013 10:03 PM

Hey, go with it. Sometimes small schools get great prospects

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

BA2929 08-23-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed (Post 2045384080)
I know. I have a desire to cut him and play it off like he was a storyline. A very talented bad egg with a shady past. He got overlooked because of it, signed with me then got arrested. Similar to Cam Newton in the arrest aspect, and recreate him as a juco Sophmore for next yr.

....But I'd really love to have him. I signed an athletic option style qb last yr who is a redshirt freshman. I wss thinking of using a two qb system. I'm a run heavy team anyway, mostly cuz the pass blocking of my line is terrible

Why don't you just change the storyline to where he's a JUCO guy now and raise his class in the editor? Then you keep him and you have peace of mind. :)