Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Do you use your drafted players? (/forums/showthread.php?t=654425)

chilidogbeefcake 08-24-2013 02:09 AM

Do you use your drafted players?

Not immediately necessarily but a few years down the line for you that sim a lot. I'd like to but I tend to stock my future mlb teams with real life prospects exclusively. I just have a hard time wanting to play with 5'7 SS Mac Hernandez who has 33 speed and 98 durability and a blonde goatee or whatever other weird prospetcs are found in the draft. Of course players are editable and I do edit mine to make them more realistic. But it's not as fun and the draft is bland.

I love the game this is its only real flaw IMO

Do you use your drafted players or favor real life prospects?

metsfan4life1 08-24-2013 12:25 PM

Re: Do you use your drafted players?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake (Post 2045384837)
Not immediately necessarily but a few years down the line for you that sim a lot. I'd like to but I tend to stock my future mlb teams with real life prospects exclusively. I just have a hard time wanting to play with 5'7 SS Mac Hernandez who has 33 speed and 98 durability and a blonde goatee or whatever other weird prospetcs are found in the draft. Of course players are editable and I do edit mine to make them more realistic. But it's not as fun and the draft is bland.

I love the game this is its only real flaw IMO

Do you use your drafted players or favor real life prospects?

I wouldn't use them.. It just takes the realism away for me. But I was able to pick a first basemen out of the free agent pool who was an A Potenial.. Right after the mets signed Dominic Smith I made that player into him. So the players I draft I would do that to(if the appropate Potenial is there) If the Potenial isn't right I wouldn't sign them.

Mike3207 08-24-2013 02:46 PM

I play franchise in large part to see who ends up in the Draft, but I keep in minds some of the weaknesses of the generated players, designed or not.

You're not going to see a lot of players with good speed.

You won't find a lot of middle infielders with power.

No pitchers with good potential and plus velocity, and velocity doesn't progress(maybe in 2013-I don't have it).

You either have to edit or use the OSFM prospects to overcome these weaknesses.

klay0505 08-24-2013 04:57 PM

I use the draft picks, but I will change the way they look if they have some weird facial hair or something. I will also "even" out there attributes; if they have 30 speed and 99 in base running ability and aggression. Ill lower those two and add to something else.

Mr. Franchise 08-24-2013 11:50 PM

My 1st round pick in 2013 draft in my Yankees franchise 3B Jose Rodriguez, it's 2021 now and he plays, looks, and bats just like ARod and is on a HOF path now 2017 MVP. The Yankees clean saviour J-Rod!