Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Does changing a coach's playbook actually do anything? (/forums/showthread.php?t=654673)

RandyBass 08-25-2013 12:14 AM

Does changing a coach's playbook actually do anything?

From the main menu when you go to team management, then edit coach, it let's you set the playbook for each coach. Does this actually have any effect?

I went to play a game in exhibition mode and teams had their default playbooks. Does only work in dynasty or season mode? Does it even work at all??

This could potentially be a cool feature.

RandyBass 08-25-2013 01:38 AM

Re: Does changing a coach's playbook actually do anything?

Nice! This actually works in Dynasty. I had previously only tried it in Exhibition.

From the main menu I switched both UW and Boise St to Option Run, then started a Dynasty, then played the first game and both teams had the Option Run playbook in game. Though when I did check by switching teams at the pre-game team selection screen, it would revert the CPU team to default. I guess the key is to just go ahead and start the game without checking.

I seem to remember this not working last year so this is a plus. I may put together an NFL Alumni roster. Started to last year but didn't want to have to be stuck with the default playbooks.

Also, not sure if this will work with Custom Playbooks, but at least for sure you can use another team's PB if you want.

RandyBass 08-25-2013 02:14 AM

Re: Does changing a coach's playbook actually do anything?

Just checked, doesn't work with Custom Playbooks.

I even tried switching at the team select screen, then switching back and starting the game, but it won't stick.

You could probably just start the game as the CPU team with a CPB, then switch to your team, but then your team can't have a CPB.

If you really want to I'm pretty sure you could also use a second controller for full control over PBs and CPBs, but I think I'll just stick to the ones already in game for CPU teams.