Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Difficulty Running Ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=656604)

windycityape 08-30-2013 11:57 PM

Difficulty Running Ball

Is anyone having difficulty running the football? I can pass all day long but I would like to have a better running attack. I have mediocre post game statics and normally average about fifty yards a game with at fifth teen attempts. Please help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SalvArmyMatt 08-31-2013 12:11 AM

Re: Difficulty Running Ball

Spread option and read option... get used to making the reads (which is really easy with very little practice) and you'll be running the ball like crazy.

windycityape 08-31-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalvArmyMatt (Post 2045411007)
Spread option and read option... get used to making the reads (which is really easy with very little practice) and you'll be running the ball like crazy.

I'm talking about ground and pound smash mouth football exchange from quarterback to running back

jello1717 08-31-2013 09:25 AM

No, most of us aren't having difficulty running the ball.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ball-game.html

boxtrev 08-31-2013 02:34 PM

Yeah. I'm with you. While running out of the option can yield ten yards on a pretty consistent basis, running out of the I-Formation (like you and I like to play) makes it very difficult to run the ball and get more than an average of 4 yards. And you'll never see the breakaway run!

cusefan74 08-31-2013 03:08 PM

I run smash mouth football. You have to have the right backs, you need power guys and just pound it right in there. You aren't gonna get many 60-70 yard runs. I average around 170 to 180 yards a game like this. For me it took me finding the right playbook before it really started working good.

prettylittlesmiles 08-31-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxtrev (Post 2045412438)
Yeah. I'm with you. While running out of the option can yield ten yards on a pretty consistent basis, running out of the I-Formation (like you and I like to play) makes it very difficult to run the ball and get more than an average of 4 yards. And you'll never see the breakaway run!

I run mostly out of the I-Form and get all of my breakaway from it on stretch plays. I shift my Oline and never hit turbo. Use my blockers. It's not always obviously but I average around 150-170 yds a game.

windycityape 08-31-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles (Post 2045412754)
I run mostly out of the I-Form and get all of my breakaway from it on stretch plays. I shift my Oline and never hit turbo. Use my blockers. It's not always obviously but I average around 150-170 yds a game.

How many minutes and what's the difficulty settings?