Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   media statements (/forums/showthread.php?t=657111)

sabres32 09-02-2013 12:55 AM

media statements

I'm in week 4 of my offline CC mode and so far I have only been asked 1 question from the media. I thought this would have been a weekly thing.

ggsimmonds 09-02-2013 01:30 AM

Re: media statements

You will not get another one until week 9 or so (the midpoint of the year).

Then I am assuming you will get another after the regular season is completed.

I'm hoping the frequency picks up during the offseason.

BTownSlinger 09-02-2013 02:31 AM

This was a terrible addition. As an owner I've only seen 1 question a year.

Zac 09-02-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggsimmonds (Post 2045417643)
You will not get another one until week 9 or so (the midpoint of the year).

Then I am assuming you will get another after the regular season is completed.

I'm hoping the frequency picks up during the offseason.

It does not. There are only a few instances that trigger them. Only 8 in total media questions. Although the very first one has three different varieties based on your background. Its the one you get about you buying the team. So I wont post that one. The rest are below.

Media question – You’re under .500 right now and you’ve watched this team struggle through the first half of the season. Turning around as soon as possible has to be the mindset now doesn’t it?
Spoiler

Media Question – You brought in a new head coach who inherits a team that struggled on offense, defense and in the win column a year ago. so with Week 1 coming up, what gives you confidence in him?
Spoiler

Media Question – Coming off a strong preseason and a good record a year ago, how far can this team go this season?
Spoiler

Media Question – At 8-0, do you feel like this is the best team in the NFL?
Spoiler

Media Question – A perfect regular season is quite the accomplishment, but is it all a waste to some degree if you don’t win it all?
Spoiler

Media Question – At the midway point your team’s in a good spot. How far do you think this team can go?
Spoiler

Media Question – Many folks, including yourself, thought this team would perform better last season, but things did not come together. How do you avoid that again this season?
Spoiler

Its really too bad there are not more. Maybe ones about key injuries, or a player performing really well. Declining attendance. It would be nice if there was like 30 or so.

friscob 09-02-2013 09:10 AM

I'm in week 3 and have seen at least 3 or 4 questions.

Fail 09-02-2013 10:02 AM

They also often ask questions if one of your star players (ex. qb) rejects your initial contract offer.

Ueauvan 09-02-2013 10:50 AM

I got one about my rushing yards being low, and throwing more often. this having a power run coach. it questioned direction and belief iirc of the primary hb

you also get them i agree when you are negotiating with a key starter, i had it with Iupati and Smith A