Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Playing a Game? Check your Sliders! (/forums/showthread.php?t=657176)

SECElit3 09-02-2013 09:37 AM

Playing a Game? Check your Sliders!

Just an FYI... check your sliders before your games. I am playing default All-Madden and my sliders have been set accordingly. My profile is saved with my slider settings.

I've noticed recently that my sliders are adjusting themselves back to Rookie (75 user and 25 CPU) before my games. The strange thing is the skill level reads All Madden, but the sliders are set to Rookie level.

Resetting the All-Madden skill slider will resolve the issue.

Just wanted to raise some awareness on this issue, so that community members are not mistakenly playing their games on the Rookie level.

fins 09-02-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Playing a Game? Check your Sliders!

Thanks SEC! Are you releasing a Madden set this year? I always enjoy your research.

SECElit3 09-02-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fins (Post 2045418147)
Thanks SEC! Are you releasing a Madden set this year? I always enjoy your research.

Most likely not. I tinkered around with the sliders this year and I found that the game actually plays worse with slider adjustments. I am really locked into default All-Madden.

I think I am going to move away from sliders in the future and concentrate more on the player ratings to provide a solution to game play issues.

I think player ratings have the most impact on the game play, and Donnie Moore's ratings are ridiculous. I have no idea where he comes up with some of these numbers. You don't have to look further than the player ratings to see why Madden game play is so arcade like.

Anyway, I've started my FBG ratings roster project. The game play with the FBG ratings implemented is outstanding!

fins 09-02-2013 11:00 AM

Good to hear SEC. Definitely agree that the ratings are skewed. I'm on XBOX so I'm not able to check out your adjusted ratings set. I'm trying to find a balance in coach mode this year with settings and I always enjoyed your set because they were equal base. Take care and have fun with Madden this year!

Fiddy 09-02-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElit3 (Post 2045418198)
Most likely not. I tinkered around with the sliders this year and I found that the game actually plays worse with slider adjustments. I am really locked into default All-Madden.

couldn't agree more! mostly bc of the penalty slider adjustments. effect so much gameplay wise.

thats why i stick to a default scale when making slider adjustments.

booker21 09-02-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElit3 (Post 2045418133)
Just an FYI... check your sliders before your games. I am playing default All-Madden and my sliders have been set accordingly. My profile is saved with my slider settings.

I've noticed recently that my sliders are adjusting themselves back to Rookie (75 user and 25 CPU) before my games. The strange thing is the skill level reads All Madden, but the sliders are set to Rookie level.

Resetting the All-Madden skill slider will resolve the issue.

Just wanted to raise some awareness on this issue, so that community members are not mistakenly playing their games on the Rookie level.

Are us playing User 25 CPU 50? or are you resetting sliders as well to even 50?

SECElit3 09-02-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booker21 (Post 2045418572)
Are us playing User 25 CPU 50? or are you resetting sliders as well to even 50?

No, I haven't touched the skill sliders. Default All-Madden which is 25-50....

tril 09-02-2013 03:29 PM

noticed this also.