Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington (/forums/showthread.php?t=657442)

Jasong7777 09-03-2013 06:54 AM

Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington

Lot of uncertainties with this game. Don't know how RG3 will play and really don't know what how well Skip Kelly's offense will work for the Eagles. Will say that Vick looked pretty good this preseason. I expect the Skins to come out a try to run the ball down the Eagles throats. Might be a low scoring sloppy game or a high scoring affair. Either way I think the Skins will pull it out.

Redskins 23 Eagles 17

N51_rob 09-03-2013 12:17 PM

Re: Week 1 MNF: Philadelphia at Washington

Redskins 41 - Eagles 31

Philly has made no significant changes to the defense as I see it, and Washington's defense didn't play a lot this pre-season leaving me to question their "football conditioning" and being ready for the pace of the Eagles offense. With a healthy Garcon, and Davis mixed with Morris and the "threat" of RGIII running should be enough offense to get the win. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about what Chip Kelly has up his sleeve for week 1.

SPTO 09-03-2013 01:44 PM

If RGIII can prove he's 100% than I can see the Philly defense having a hard time but on the other hand I have a feeling Chip Kelly's offense is going to make the Redskins D run around with their heads chopped off.

I see a relatively high scoring game with the Redskins winning.

Feared 09-03-2013 01:46 PM

This is going to be an interesting game for a number of reasons.

Really want to see this first Official look at how a Chip Kelly Offense functions in the NFL. Also want to see how RG3 plays coming off his knee. I think the Redskins will be really guarded in what they do with him, I don't expect to see any designed QB runs, and most of the read option stuff will be hand offs.

N51_rob 09-03-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feared (Post 2045422928)
This is going to be an interesting game for a number of reasons.

Really want to see this first Official look at how a Chip Kelly Offense functions in the NFL. Also want to see how RG3 plays coming off his knee. I think the Redskins will be really guarded in what they do with him, I don't expect to see any designed QB runs, and most of the read option stuff will be hand offs.

Then it wouldn't be an option. If Washington were to run the read option this week, then the Philly defense should crash on Morris automatically to make RGIII keep the ball. See if he really has learned to get down or OOB and if not.... It will be interesting to see if Washington runs any RO stuff this week. I doubt they do except for maybe play action.

Feared 09-03-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N51_rob (Post 2045423108)
Then it wouldn't be an option. If Washington were to run the read option this week, then the Philly defense should crash on Morris automatically to make RGIII keep the ball. See if he really has learned to get down or OOB and if not.... It will be interesting to see if Washington runs any RO stuff this week. I doubt they do except for maybe play action.

Right, right, I guess what I meant was that Wash might still show some read option looks to throw their Defense off and try to work play action off of it; but I really doubt Griffin will keep the ball and attempt any serious rushes.

Like you said if they go into any of those looks expect the Eagles Defense to play the Halfback all the way and not respect Griffin running. I think Washington sticks mostly to their stretch plays, zone running and in Passing situations they go max protect with a lot of TEs and backs chipping before they go into routes.

wwharton 09-03-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feared (Post 2045423230)
Right, right, I guess what I meant was that Wash might still show some read option looks to throw their Defense off and try to work play action off of it; but I really doubt Griffin will keep the ball and attempt any serious rushes.

Like you said if they go into any of those looks expect the Eagles Defense to play the Halfback all the way and not respect Griffin running. I think Washington sticks mostly to their stretch plays, zone running and in Passing situations they go max protect with a lot of TEs and backs chipping before they go into routes.

Problem with that theory is that when the play is called it's really up to RG3 whether or not he keeps it. Considering that, he WILL run some.

Feared 09-03-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwharton (Post 2045423312)
Problem with that theory is that when the play is called it's really up to RG3 whether or not he keeps it. Considering that, he WILL run some.

Yes I mean it's still going to be a part of their Offense, they will run it at some point this season. If there's an opening and 10 yards of room in front of him I expect Griffin to take off, that's why it's going to be compelling to see how they handle it, and what the reaction will be when he takes a hit. If he runs at all in this game, I expect him to be sliding down to avoid contact as much as possible.