Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Identical Sim Results (/forums/showthread.php?t=658052)

Death Eats a Cracker 09-05-2013 03:29 AM

Identical Sim Results

I'm a Sooner fan, but I control Tulsa because it's more challenging. In previous versions, I cheesed wins for OU by re-simming some losses, usually against Texas.

In 14, I can sim a game and then exit the game without saving, go back in and the second (and third, and forth) sim result is the exact same. How is this possible? I've seen it multiple times and everything is identical down to the scoring playing and stats.

What gives? It's like the game isn't being simmed at all, it's more like the outcome is predetermined while advancing the week.

DorianDonP 09-05-2013 04:03 AM

Re: Identical Sim Results

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Eats a Cracker (Post 2045429036)
I'm a Sooner fan, but I control Tulsa because it's more challenging. In previous versions, I cheesed wins for OU by re-simming some losses, usually against Texas.

In 14, I can sim a game and then exit the game without saving, go back in and the second (and third, and forth) sim result is the exact same. How is this possible? I've seen it multiple times and everything is identical down to the scoring playing and stats.

What gives? It's like the game isn't being simmed at all, it's more like the outcome is predetermined while advancing the week.

That's because the games for that week were simmed the previous week.

Because of the addition of studio updates, games are now simmed when you advance the week.

For instance, if you finish week 1's game, then click to advance the week, the loading screen will say "preparing studio updates" or something like that, and that is when all of week 2's games are simmed.

If you want to reload and re-sim, then you'll have to reload to a save point that is before you advance the week.

Death Eats a Cracker 09-05-2013 05:16 AM

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

Mules50 09-05-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorianDonP (Post 2045429084)
That's because the games for that week were simmed the previous week.

Because of the addition of studio updates, games are now simmed when you advance the week.

For instance, if you finish week 1's game, then click to advance the week, the loading screen will say "preparing studio updates" or something like that, and that is when all of week 2's games are simmed.

If you want to reload and re-sim, then you'll have to reload to a save point that is before you advance the week.

This doesn't count for user games right? Cause I have had different sim results for my games if I don't save and back out and try again.

Peacefrog 09-05-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mules50 (Post 2045429369)
This doesn't count for user games right? Cause I have had different sim results for my games if I don't save and back out and try again.

Correct. It assumes you'll play the game yourself, and will wait until you choose to simulate it to do so.

bwburke94 09-05-2013 03:48 PM

Wait, is 126 team control possible?

msuduo 09-05-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peacefrog (Post 2045429529)
Correct. It assumes you'll play the game yourself, and will wait until you choose to simulate it to do so.

That's different from last year. I hated that part

BleedGreen710 09-05-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwburke94 (Post 2045430617)
Wait, is 126 team control possible?

where in the world did you get that idea from this thread? No.