Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Having a hard time handing ball off on read options (/forums/showthread.php?t=659351)

john1842msu 09-09-2013 02:36 AM

Having a hard time handing ball off on read options

Is anyone else having a hard time getting the QB to successfully hand the ball off to the RB on the read-option plays? I have PS3 version and the handoff is executed with the (X) button. 90% of the time when I try the handoff, the RB doesn't take it and the QB keeps it.

Am I doing this wrong somehow (pressing button too early, too late, not pressing button long enough, holding button too long) or are other people experiencing difficulty executing the read option handoff?

Would appreciate any help... :nocomprende:

BleedGreen710 09-09-2013 03:31 AM

Re: Having a hard time handing ball off on read options

you have to hold the X button

only reason it wouldn't be working is if you aren't pressing it fast enough

john1842msu 09-09-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedGreen710 (Post 2045443745)
you have to hold the X button

only reason it wouldn't be working is if you aren't pressing it fast enough

do you start holding X button down right after QB gets the ball, all the way through the handoff? Or do you hold it down for only a moment, like when throwing a bullet pass?

BleedGreen710 09-09-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1842msu (Post 2045444390)
do you start holding X button down right after QB gets the ball, all the way through the handoff? Or do you hold it down for only a moment, like when throwing a bullet pass?

you hold it until he hands the ball off..

not trying to be a jerk but couldn't u have just tried this in practice mode? after running a read option 5-6 times its pretty easy to figure out how it works

raymondburr 09-09-2013 01:14 PM

OP I feel your pain. I tried it in the skills practice mode or whatever and after a few tries found I couldn't really execute the hand off and decided there are enough potent plays without it. If I do the option it's the standard run/pitch nix the hand off.

jello1717 09-09-2013 03:12 PM

Unless your buttons are broken I don't understand why this would be remotely difficult.
You have to push A to snap the ball in the first place.
Hold down A to snap it (don't let go).
Read the defensive read guy.
If he crashes, let go of A and take off with the QB.
If he stays at home continue to hold A until the HB takes off.

It's as basic as it gets.

BleedGreen710 09-09-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello1717 (Post 2045444873)
Unless your buttons are broken I don't understand why this would be remotely difficult.
You have to push A to snap the ball in the first place.
Hold down A to snap it (don't let go).
Read the defensive read guy.
If he crashes, let go of A and take off with the QB.
If he stays at home continue to hold A until the HB takes off.

It's as basic as it gets.

haha I do it the opposite way.. after I snap the ball I let go of the button and read the defender, then press and hold it again to handoff or just press nothing to run with the QB

Cardot 09-09-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello1717 (Post 2045444873)

It is a bit of a tight window between taking the snap, and pressing the button to hand it off. Just guessing, but the OP may be late with the handoff? I don't run the option much, but when I do, that handoff is a little sooner than I instinctively want to do it.

But agreed, there is a tutorial in the game that walks through all 3 phases of the option.