Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is the read option cheese? (/forums/showthread.php?t=659549)

grabursock55 09-09-2013 07:33 PM

Is the read option cheese?

As the title says..

I would like to know if you think that running the read option is "cheese". This was breifly touched on in a different thread, and I would like to expand it a little bit here.

What do you think?

Cdog923 09-09-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Is the read option cheese?

Good lord, not at all.

grabursock55 09-09-2013 07:44 PM

In other threads, a lot of guys were saying it was.

I dont know if I agree with them... but I lead Idaho to a 6 - 6 season and a bowl win on heisman using the read option as my primary running play. Idaho should go 2-10 at best in this game.

Swamp Swagger 09-09-2013 10:50 PM

I think so its damn near impossible to on a consistent basis online.

Most of the time if the running back keeps its a least 3 or more yards most if the time. If the Qb keeps in almost always turns into a 1 on 1 against the safety and even then they already gained about 5 yards.

It can be slowed down sure but even if they use a weaker team they can still abuse it very easy

JrueToTheGame 09-09-2013 10:55 PM

Online-What isn't Cheese? (But no because people cheese enough on defense to stop it).

Offline-No...Debate Yes you can average 7 yards per carry with a 70 SPD QB with no effort.

canesfins 09-10-2013 12:56 AM

It's pretty deadly in real life. Would be funny to see a coach in the post game handshake call out the other coach for the read option cheese.

ZekeRoberts 09-10-2013 02:01 AM

I'm not a fan of the non-running QBs breaking off big-gainers on me... kinda like how I'm not a fan of almost every team running "Normal" no-huddle which is not what you see on Saturday (although I know that can be edited simply in dynasty)

but yeah it should be toned down a bit. i try to chalk it up to "the CPU scouts a weakness in my defense and takes advantage" but changing adjustments to aggressive only helps a little bit

SpartyParty11 09-10-2013 08:26 AM

It's deadly if you know how to use it. I ran it against a guy online with Oregon all day. He was alabama and he just couldn't stop it. Yet I played with Washington against Florida and i only averaged about 4 yards