Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   SkUnDy's Saturday Night Fever Heisman Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=660928)

skundy 09-12-2013 07:05 PM

SkUnDy's Saturday Night Fever Heisman Sliders

10/21/13

I recommend playing the game with the "zoomed" cam, not only does the game look better but both the run game and pass game are more challenging. I also recommend player lock on defense.

One way to make the read option more challenging is to make sure you have show playart turned off in the helpers. You can still see it when you use Rtrigger and the stick but its not automatically there so you have to remember where the read and pitch man are.

Difficulty
:
Heisman
Qtr Length: 9 min
Game Speed:Normal
Speed Threshold:0

Offsides 84
False Start 84
Holding 55
Facemask 63
OPI 0
DPI 0
KR/<acronym title="Page Ranking">PR</acronym> INt 50
Clipping 63
Int Ground 5
Rough Passer 54
Rough Kicker 50

(User/Cpu)
QB Acc 25/50

P Block 40/60
WR Cth 25/40

RB Abil 40/90
R Block 50/50
P Cvg 50/50
Int 50/40*
R Def 50/50
Tackle 25/75

FG Pwr 45/45
FG Acc 0/40
Punt Pwr 50/50
Punt Acc 40/40
Kickoff Pwr 0/50

My auto-subs are :

QB 65/80
HB 84/85
WR 70/80
FB/TE 70/80
OL 70/80

DT 80/85
DE 80/85
LB 75/85
CB 70/80
S 70/80

skundy 09-12-2013 07:11 PM

Re: SkUnDy's Saturday Night Fever Heisman Sliders

#1 Alabama beat me like a red headed SEC stepchild and I enjoyed every minute of it. I felt like I was playing Alabama and I didn't feel cheated, I had several opportunities to turn the game around but I failed. I, me, the user.

Alabama even not having AJ McCarron didn't help me at all. They ran when they wanted to and threw when they wanted to and as the score shows their Defense played Alabama D. I had a hard time moving the ball. It was raining and I actually felt like I was playing in the rain.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><link href="http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><table class="osdyn" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="575"><tbody><tr class="masthead"><td colspan="6" align="center">Mississippi Rebels at Alabama Crimson Tide</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="48%">Sep 21, 2013</td><td align="right" width="10%">1ST</td><td align="right" width="10%">2ND</td><td align="right" width="10%">3RD</td><td align="right" width="10%">4TH</td><td align="right" width="12%">SCORE</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>#20 Mississippi Rebels (3-0)</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">3</td><td align="right">0</td><td align="right">3</td><td class="active" align="right">6</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>#1 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0)</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">10</td><td align="right">7</td><td align="right">21</td><td class="active" align="right">45</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="osdyn spacer" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="575"><tbody><tr class="masthead"><td colspan="3">Team Stats Comparison</td></tr><tr class="stathead"><td width="60%">
</td><td align="center" width="20%">MISS</td><td align="center" width="20%">ALA</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Total Offense</td><td align="center">362</td><td align="center">370</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Rushing Yards</td><td align="center">35-138-0</td><td align="center">41-176-3</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Passing Yards</td><td align="center">18/40-0(224)</td><td align="center">14/23-2(194)</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">First Downs</td><td align="center">21</td><td align="center">15</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Punt Return Yards</td><td align="center">29</td><td align="center">41</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Kick Return Yards</td><td align="center">135</td><td align="center">23</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Total Yards</td><td align="center">526</td><td align="center">434</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Turnovers</td><td align="center">5</td><td align="center">1</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">3rd Down Converstion</td><td align="center">5-14</td><td align="center">12-18</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">4th Down Conversion</td><td align="center">2-2</td><td align="center">0-0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">2-Point Conversion</td><td align="center">0-0</td><td align="center">0-0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals</td><td align="center">2-0-1</td><td align="center">4-3-0</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td align="center">Penalties</td><td align="center">4-41</td><td align="center">0-0</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td align="center">Posession Time</td><td align="center">28:03</td><td align="center">17:18</td></tr></tbody></table>

EAGLESFAN10 09-13-2013 03:57 PM

I going to have 2 Dynasties

One with Georgia(M&B's rosters)
then My Official Official dynasty with Louisville(Waiting on Cparrish rosters to release)

First Game will be Georgia @ Clemson

Also Will this be the OFFICIAL set you will be using

jahswill 09-13-2013 04:19 PM

I was thinking along these same lines. I want a challenge. Your original sliders and Jarrod's are definitely challenging. But, like you said. I feel handcuffed as far as expanding my playcalling. I really dont have a problem winning most of my games. I just wasnt enjoying the game as much as I would like. So I did something very similar to this set. Basically default with minor tweaks to the AI to help give them a little boost. Finally having fun again!!!!

skundy 09-13-2013 05:30 PM

Exactly where I'm coming from Jah, I wasn't having fun with the game anymore. With this current setup I have fun even when I lose lol.

Like you, I wanted to go for a minimalist approach. My Real Deal set had a ton of slider tweaks but as we have both stated I felt restricted in what plays I could call offensively as some plays would just never work even when facing a favorable defense.

With this setup I've had success with every single play type but I've also had each play type stopped ice cold. Particularly I speak of screens, sweeps, swings, basically all non conventional play types. Like I said they can and do work but they aren't guaranteed. To me that is much better than just not being able to call them because I know that no matter what they won't work.

As of right now this set is as is until I get more feedback. My main area of concern is cpu run still a tad weak. I'm still having every team put up over 100yds on the ground against me though so its not too far off.

Also, I've only had one game where I've gone over 200 yds rushing and I avg over 40 rushes per game so thats nice considering playing with Real Deal I was always going over 200 ypg.

All in all I'm pleased with gameplay so far but I need more feedback.

Set em up and run em all you OS coaches

skundy 09-13-2013 05:35 PM

Eagle,

If you are talking to me, yes this is the official set I am using. I started a new Ole Miss dynasty with it and am having a blast. I am currently 5-1 and ranked 18th. My only loss coming from #1 Bama. I barely beat Texas by 7 in a barn burner where both teams put up 500+ yds offensively. I also barely beat Auburn by 2 points. Next game against LSU is going to be a tough test.

Am having a lot of fun with the set. I do feel like I've abandoned a child or something though leaving Real Deal by the wayside lol

The_Gaming_Disciple 09-13-2013 06:30 PM

Only confirms what I have preached from day one; sliders are most effective at default.

I am only here to report the facts.

chucknorris1 09-13-2013 08:33 PM

ps3 or xbox 360 and what roster set are you using?