Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 3 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) (/forums/showthread.php?t=662985)

RoundingThird 09-17-2013 04:45 PM

Week 3 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)

Ah, Andy's return to Philly. Both team are much improved so far, so it should be a good one. Right now, it's too close to call a winner.

Thoughts?

rkwittem 09-18-2013 06:46 AM

Re: Week 3 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)

Game will be close, but I don't think these two teams on paper are too close to call a winner. Expect a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs defense too keep the game manageable for the visitors. If the Eagles score too quickly, Charles may go over 150 in this game. Their defense will wear down. I basically expect a grind-it-out offensive game plan from Andy Reid.

Chiefs 30, Eagles 24.

(that seems high with how awful some of these brutal TNF games are)

JBH3 09-18-2013 10:37 AM

There's no such thing as a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles in an Andy Reid offense.

I expect Charles will get 20-25 touches, and probably stay right around the 16 rush attempts he's had each of the first two games.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4

mestevo 09-18-2013 12:55 PM

Not sure what to think of this game, I feel like it's time for the Chiefs to be who people expect them to be and lose by 21.

Obviously hoping that's not the case, but I have a hard time mustering a lot of hope going into this game for some reason, like a battered wife returning home for more.

Basic formula for most applies... if the Chiefs can contain the Eagles and make it a more traditional game then they've got a pretty good shot I'd think. Chiefs need to get more creative to move the ball, teams have already been able to shut us down offensively (yet the offense isn't throwing the game away) for the most part putting the onus on the defense to create opportunities.

Eagles are favored by 3, McNabb's jersey being retired at halftime.

Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers is questionable. That could suck.

wwharton 09-18-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestevo (Post 2045477518)
Not sure what to think of this game, I feel like it's time for the Chiefs to be who people expect them to be and lose by 21.

Obviously hoping that's not the case, but I have a hard time mustering a lot of hope going into this game for some reason, like a battered wife returning home for more.

Basic formula for most applies... if the Chiefs can contain the Eagles and make it a more traditional game then they've got a pretty good shot I'd think. Chiefs need to get more creative to move the ball, teams have already been able to shut us down offensively (yet the offense isn't throwing the game away) for the most part putting the onus on the defense to create opportunities.

Eagles are favored by 3, McNabb's jersey being retired at halftime.

Chiefs CB Brandon Flowers is questionable. That could suck.

I don't think anyone paying attention expect the Chiefs to be that this year. People not paying attention know they brought in Reid and Smith... people paying attention also know they had some VERY big names get hurt last year and had a ton of pro bowlers (which can show the team may have had more talent than the record showed).

HustlinOwl 09-19-2013 12:27 PM

Short week for Chiefs dont expect them to win this game, but then again didnt expect the Eagles to lose to the Chargers. Yes the "D" is that bad and wouldnt be surprised if KC offense carves them up.

SPTO 09-19-2013 01:17 PM

This should be a real fun game to watch. I expect it to be an aerial show tonight with it being close in the 4th quarter with a ton of scoring.

I will say one thing, Andy Reid seems like a completely different guy with the Chiefs. He really needed a change of scenery and this is the perfect opportunity for him.

rspencer86 09-19-2013 02:53 PM

I'm going with Eagles 27, Chiefs 17. Would love to be wrong!