Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   For people who already have the game, if Next Gen is Amazing...? (/forums/showthread.php?t=663803)

Callsign Stitch 09-21-2013 09:20 AM

For people who already have the game, if Next Gen is Amazing...?

This is aimed for people who already have Madden 25 on either PS3 or 360. A lot of those who do have said that they will stick with current gen but what if Next Gen turns out be really great? What if the Ignite Engine is amazing? And what if the Gameplay is really realistic but fun at the same time? Yes I know that this is EA but hopefully it will be. This isn't a "Its EA, so it wont be!" thread. My question is that would you buy the next gen consoles and ditch your current gen versions of Madden?

kaletore11 09-21-2013 09:23 AM

Re: For people who already have the game, if Next Gen is Amazing...?

I'm buying the PS4 but I'm not planning to get Madden because I have it on PS3.

BUT, if it really is that great, I'll sell the PS3 version and get the next gen beast.

Jm0ney2001 09-21-2013 09:24 AM

Easy trade i t in and buy next gen. I'm just hoping they have a 10 $ upgrade plan for ps4.

Callsign Stitch 09-21-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001 (Post 2045485157)
Easy trade i t in and buy next gen. I'm just hoping they have a 10 $ upgrade plan for ps4.

I do not think it does unfortunately.

azdawgpound 09-21-2013 10:28 AM

I don't think i'll get one right away... heck I just finally updated to ps3 2 yrs ago.... and I've seen the video of some of the ps4 or xbox 1 and seen some same animations that's in this gens version. so for having a better engine that's not a good sign.

Callsign Stitch 09-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azdawgpound (Post 2045485241)
I don't think i'll get one right away... heck I just finally updated to ps3 2 yrs ago.... and I've seen the video of some of the ps4 or xbox 1 and seen some same animations that's in this gens version. so for having a better engine that's not a good sign.

The Next Gen Versions have over 300+ New Animations and the footage you say was just very early basic practice gameplay.

kjcheezhead 09-21-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callsign Stitch (Post 2045485252)
The Next Gen Versions have over 300+ New Animations and the footage you say was just very early basic practice gameplay.

Madden 13 had 430 New catch animations. If the same ones always trigger, it doesn't matter how many there are.

JaymeeAwesome 09-21-2013 10:52 AM

For me there is not upside to a new console in general. The game collection I built on current gen cannot be played on next gen using the disc. I would have to rebuy all the games virtually. Plus I don't imagine there will be much difference in gameplay. Even if there was, I don't think the price point of the new system justifies it. It'll be 1-2 years before I jump into next gen.