Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Fix for Hunchback Defenders??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=663868)

inkcil 09-21-2013 05:36 PM

Fix for Hunchback Defenders???

A lot of times defenders (especially linemen in pursuit of the QB) will hunch over, bend their knees and do a kind of "slow motion hunchback walk" towards the QB or RB instead of continuing to run full speed in pursuit of the tackle. Many times the d-lineman basically "pulling up" gives the QB extra time to throw the ball.

Was there any fix for this?

nova91 09-21-2013 11:35 PM

Re: Fix for Hunchback Defenders???

Blockers do this as well. They'll hunch over and run after the play and not even attempt to engage the defenders. It's frustrating on D to watch a slow QB break a big run because the defenders hunch over and slow down instead of full speed chasing them. It also sucks when there is a possibility of a big run on O and your blockers do the same thing and then not engage the man they were supposed to block.

inkcil 09-23-2013 02:27 AM

Thanks man for the response...I guess I can assume by the sound of crickets chirping that there was/is no fix for this. Amazing.

inkcil 09-01-2014 06:24 AM

I picked up NCAA 14 again because I think it's EA's best football game of Gen 3. I am wondering if any global edits were found that fixed the hunchback pursuit animation for defenders. Thanks!

Hellisan 09-01-2014 08:54 AM

I really never see this happen, is this one of those things that's a game speed issue? Using normal speed can be beneficial. If you aren't already doing that, consider it.

NoDakHusker 09-01-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisan (Post 2046537965)
I really never see this happen, is this one of those things that's a game speed issue? Using normal speed can be beneficial. If you aren't already doing that, consider it.

It happens on normal game speed, I've seen it quite a bit. I don't think this is something that can be fixed by sliders or ratings edits, seems like an issue within the code of the game.

inkcil 09-01-2014 03:14 PM

I never noticed it before NCAA 14, but then again, I only played 12 and 13 for a few weeks at best. I played the heck out of 11 though (great game for its time).

But I played Madden 15 (ps3) and it's in there now too. I didn't play Madden 25 much but I played alot of Madden 12 and 13 and it wasn't in those. I just wonder why all of a sudden the recent Gen 3 versions of EA football have this issue. I can't believe no one really notices or talks about this. It's huge, IMO.

Defenders (mainly linemen) get a clean shot at the QB and they slow up and go into this hunch.