Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FIFA Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   FIFA 14 Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=664002)

Steve_OS 09-22-2013 12:16 PM

FIFA 14 Impressions

FIFA 14 is available for Season Ticket subscribers, please post your impressions here.

Cpre5 09-22-2013 03:07 PM

Re: FIFA 14 Impressions

Same issues that drive me crazy from the past FIFA games. My AI team mates don't want to touch the ball. However still the best online sports game for 2v2 through 11v11

My cons
1: AI wont go for deflected or rebounded balls, but rather back away from them. While the CPU hunts down every ball

2: AI wont pressure the ball handler, but play a safe couple feet away the whole field, even allowing open passing lanes. CPU plays hard up going for tackles

3: Once in the box my AI just back away form the CPU, I watched many plays where the CPU just walked into the box up near the goal and scored while my defense stay clear of him. I go near the box and the 3-4 closes CPU players close down on me and attack.

Pro:

Playing different team really feels like different teams. Had one game where it felt like the whole CPU team was in my box, followed that up with a game where PSG played nice balanced field.

DirtyJerz32 09-22-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpre5 (Post 2045488010)
My cons
1: AI wont go for deflected or rebounded balls, but rather back away from them. While the CPU hunts down every ball

2: AI wont pressure the ball handler, but play a safe couple feet away the whole field, even allowing open passing lanes. CPU plays hard up going for tackles

3: Once in the box my AI just back away form the CPU, I watched many plays where the CPU just walked into the box up near the goal and scored while my defense stay clear of him. I go near the box and the 3-4 closes CPU players close down on me and attack.

All of the above that drives me crazy about Fifa. Some will say to use the tactical defending, but you shouldn't have to control everyone on the field to enjoy this game. CPU controlled teammates have killed my enjoyment of Fifa for years.

Now playing someone else is another story, best user vs. user soccer game out there.

Suntan Superman 09-22-2013 03:55 PM

I'm enjoying it. I'm a bit disappointed that my fav team is a bit messed up(Viborg) but I fully expected it.

therizing02 09-22-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpre5 (Post 2045488010)
Same issues that drive me crazy from the past FIFA games. My AI team mates don't want to touch the ball. However still the best online sports game for 2v2 through 11v11

My cons

Switch to Legacy Defending, use the second defender press button, and play off ball defense by blocking the passing lanes. The Tactical Defending option IMO has been awful.

Gonira 09-22-2013 06:12 PM

no south american cups in career mode despite all the new licenses. why ea?? why???

bigeastbumrush 09-22-2013 06:23 PM

Question: Any updates to player editing?

BigJT1083 09-22-2013 06:51 PM

Unresponsive in all aspects of the game. Too many rebound goals. Very frustrating to play, its a video game it should be smooth and fun. Don't need 100% realism where every other touch losses possession or passes out of bounds