Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I love this game but... (/forums/showthread.php?t=664509)

sabres32 09-23-2013 11:44 PM

I love this game but...

2 things that really bother me...

1) I never win a challenge. I don't know if this a problem with the game in general or just my bad luck but there are many times where theres no way the CPU made the catch and it appears that way when I watch replay but then the ref rules in their favor everytime.

2) when the CPU is going to fake a punt its 100% obvious because the punting playbook that appears on your screen automatically gives you only options to choose punting plays with safe zone coverage.

allhailben7 09-24-2013 05:42 AM

Re: I love this game but...

What about injuries?

In my offline CFM, I just had one of the greatest games I have ever played vs cpu.

Down 24-7 at the half to the Seahawks; 31-15 to start the third quarter.
Make several stops and great, clutch plays and end up tying it on a fumble TD with 1:48 left and winning it on a 38-second drive into FG range with no TOs.
Beautiful, fun, rollercoaster of a game...

Lost Rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater for 8 weeks. Jeremy Maclin, who I just signed to a $25 Million contract, out for 9 weeks. Starting TE Jordan Cameron, out for 7 weeks. 2 RBs were in and out all game long. MLB Sean Lee (also a big free agent) missed 2 Quarters.

It's like this with Madden for me. It amazes me with games like this, only to ruin it with some ridiculous stuff like that.

I now have a playoff caliber team with a missing offense.

StevenSD 09-24-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allhailben7 (Post 2045492998)
What about injuries?

In my offline CFM, I just had one of the greatest games I have ever played vs cpu.

Down 24-7 at the half to the Seahawks; 31-15 to start the third quarter.
Make several stops and great, clutch plays and end up tying it on a fumble TD with 1:48 left and winning it on a 38-second drive into FG range with no TOs.
Beautiful, fun, rollercoaster of a game...

Lost Rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater for 8 weeks. Jeremy Maclin, who I just signed to a $25 Million contract, out for 9 weeks. Starting TE Jordan Cameron, out for 7 weeks. 2 RBs were in and out all game long. MLB Sean Lee (also a big free agent) missed 2 Quarters.

It's like this with Madden for me. It amazes me with games like this, only to ruin it with some ridiculous stuff like that.

I now have a playoff caliber team with a missing offense.

Have you checked out a real NFL injuries list? Injuries happen and they force teams to adjust, I see no problem with it. If it really bothers you, draft players that are also high in injury and toughness, OR lower the injury slider.

allhailben7 09-24-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenSD (Post 2045493305)
Have you checked out a real NFL injuries list? Injuries happen and they force teams to adjust, I see no problem with it. If it really bothers you, draft players that are also high in injury and toughness, OR lower the injury slider.

Yes I have checked out a real injuries list... I actually have a post on a Real injuries vs Madden injuries thread.
My QB got injured twice in that game. The last one, I was two feet out of bounds and the cpu started the tackle animation.

I usually play with injuries at 10-15, but I played this game at 28 because I tried some new sliders.

Madden has the volume of injuries pretty close to correct, but the injuries are much more severe. After the game, I checked the Injury Report and two players on other teams have broken vertebrae and there are 5-6 players out for at least 30-35 weeks.

allhailben7 09-24-2013 03:34 PM

Oh, as for injury and toughness, I import the first few draft classes to avoid repeats, which leaves me with about a 75% chance that all players have 0 toughness...

I'm finally getting to the point that I do everything in week 1, save, import draft classes, and scout toughness until I get someone who has higher than F.
Probably should have been doing that all along.

glp 09-26-2013 05:10 PM

I win a fair amount of my challenges. I think I lose more of them. But I hadn't thought it was an issue.

I've turned down the injury slider a bit. I think I have it a 40 instead of 50. Seems I should maybe turn it down more still.