Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   No Coach mode??! (/forums/showthread.php?t=667376)

The_Tempest 10-02-2013 05:07 AM

No Coach mode??!

Did they seriously take out coach mode? I can hardly believe it.

I know we are a rare breed, but I love just making a team and then watching it play itself in coach mode.

Now I bought the game and the mode is completely GONE.

Please tell me I'm wrong and I just can't find it...

TG Oneshot 10-02-2013 05:21 AM

Re: No Coach mode??!

Nope it's gone. I'm pretty upset too, I was in the same boat as you with that I would create a team and watch it work out in assosciation

Dice 10-02-2013 08:16 AM

I guess we weren't loud enough about this. I predicted this last year that they was gonna remove coach mode altogether after degrading it since 2K11. I know me and maybe a few other have repeatedly requested to add more features to this mode. However, our concerns and request aren't being heard due to the fact that too many people are requesting sneakers, accessories and other fluff to be added or modded into the game.

We just don't have the numbers and other folks do. 2K just won't get my dollars this season.

qpc123 10-02-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dice (Post 2045520989)
I guess we weren't loud enough about this. I predicted this last year that they was gonna remove coach mode altogether after degrading it since 2K11. I know me and maybe a few other have repeatedly requested to add more features to this mode. However, our concerns and request aren't being heard due to the fact that too many people are requesting sneakers, accessories and other fluff to be added or modded into the game.

We just don't have the numbers and other folks do. 2K just won't get my dollars this season.

Do honestly believe that at some point there was conversation at 2k that went along the lines of.........

2k guy #1 - Hey, have you seen all the request we have been getting for better shoes and accessories?

2k guy #2 - Yes, I did see that, there sure are a lot of people requesting that stuff.

2kguy #1 - I know right. The thing is i really, really, want to make those people happy with NBA 2k14, but I don't think we can do it.

2k guy #2 - What if......

2k guy #1 - What if what?

2k guy #2 - What if we took out Coach Mode?

2k guy #1 - Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

I will admit you don't have the numbers in your corner. But I find it hard believe that the removal on Coach mode hinged on getting the right sneakers and accessories(which really aren't very right).

For 2k to remove it means that had actually do something, as opposed to leaving which would mean they would have to do little to nothing.

I'm not saying they had a good reason, and I am not happy that coach mode is gone as I used it for roster testing. But, but whatever the reason was shoes most likely did not factor into the decision.

Dice 10-02-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpc123 (Post 2045521007)
Do honestly believe that at some point there was conversation at 2k that went along the lines of.........

2k guy #1 - Hey, have you seen all the request we have been getting for better shoes and accessories?

2k guy #2 - Yes, I did see that, there sure are a lot of people requesting that stuff.

2kguy #1 - I know right. The thing is i really, really, want to make those people happy with NBA 2k14, but I don't think we can do it.

2k guy #2 - What if......

2k guy #1 - What if what?

2k guy #2 - What if we took out Coach Mode?

2k guy #1 - Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

I will admit you don't have the numbers in your corner. But I find it hard believe that the removal on Coach mode hinged on getting the right sneakers and accessories(which really aren't very right).

For 2k to remove it means that had actually do something, as opposed to leaving which would mean they would have to do little to nothing.

I'm not saying they had a good reason, and I am not happy that coach mode is gone as I used it for roster testing. But, but whatever the reason was shoes most likely did not factor into the decision.

Well, take a look at this thread and tell me there aren't a number of folks concerned about fluff:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ies-right.html

I bet this thread won't get half the number of replies, likes and views as this thread.

And yeah, I'm not saying that they took coach mode out to get accessories right. That was just more of a facetious way to make my point. But you obviously know that since 2k11 coach mode was totally ignored. As I stated, we just don't have the numbers to make a statement. Our mode doesn't matter to them. From my understanding, there were other things taken out of the game as well. I'm willing to bet that coach mode was the first thing on their list to be eliminated this year.

yount19 10-02-2013 10:13 AM

Sad but true... the "coaches" of the sports video gaming world are being phased out; Madden, NBA 2K, etc. etc....

Dice 10-02-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yount19 (Post 2045521260)
Sad but true... the "coaches" of the sports video gaming world are being phased out; Madden, NBA 2K, etc. etc....

It's still prominent in other games like MLB The Show, NHL and I think FIFA. But yeah, in the popular American sports like football and basketball, the way of the coach is going by the waste-side. And then when it was prominent in the college sports games like NCAA Football and College Hoops, those games get eliminated.

I guess I'll be sticking with 2K13 with my Kinnect voice commands.

thedoob 10-02-2013 10:57 AM

I'm guessing they took it out after people running 12 minute games on coach mode to get VC last year. Really is frustrating for pure Association guys like myself. Really enjoyed Coach Mode.