Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The art of the stiff arm (/forums/showthread.php?t=667453)

shylo3716 10-02-2013 12:07 PM

The art of the stiff arm

How can you stop it! Every RB I've faced so far in CFM has been killing me with 10 yard stiff arms from the LOS which seems unrealistic.

Robrain 10-02-2013 01:57 PM

Re: The art of the stiff arm

The best defense against any ball carrier in this game is the simultaneous gang tackle.

There really aren't any late-hit penalties, so after your first defender hits the ball carrier, user to a different nearby defender and make sure to get the job done.

Robrain 10-02-2013 01:59 PM

And yes, when Jamaal Charles runs up the middle and stiff-arms Vince Wilfork to the ground on All-Pro, it's ridiculously overpowered.

shylo3716 10-02-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robrain (Post 2045522012)
And yes, when Jamaal Charles runs up the middle and stiff-arms Vince Wilfork to the ground on All-Pro, it's ridiculously overpowered.

Lamar Miller killed me for 170+ yds on 4 TDs

ajk49er 10-02-2013 07:03 PM

Jamaal Charles DOES stiff arm people like that though, go look at 2 weeks ago, he did. the problem are lesser players doing it, Charles is a tough back, not just a speed guy.

the problem is the stiff arm in this game is ridiculous, and often if you use it as a WR, the defender will run right by you. happens all the time for me. I run a curl, catch the ball, then go with the LT plus stiff arm, and the defender slips right by like he didn't see me or something.

Robrain 10-02-2013 08:50 PM

You're right, Vince Wilfork is people. Plural.

LordHorc 10-02-2013 11:24 PM

I stop the computer from stiff arming by just tapping x and diving (Its way overpowered lol)

But i cant seem to effectively use stiff arm myself. I havnt figured out the 2 types of stiff arm (tap and hold) and most of the time it seems as if id be better off just running/juking/trucking because it isnt helping. It may be because im using trent richardson, but idk.

The_Balm 10-03-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHorc (Post 2045523887)
I stop the computer from stiff arming by just tapping x and diving (Its way overpowered lol)

I know right? If you so much as brush the ball carrier's foot he falls over like you hit him in the back with a sledgehammer.