Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ?'s about Owner Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=667610)

Bushido 10-03-2013 12:51 AM

?'s about Owner Mode

I am doing an online owner mode with the Jaguars. My sole purpose is to build them a new stadium, and turn the franchise around. I start off with $5 million dollars in my funds account at the beginning of season 1.

Around how much $$$ should you have in your funds account before you build your team a new stadium? I tried it once through trial and error, and was -50 million dollars at the start of season 2 after building a new stadium during the pre-season of season 1.

Also, I hired a new coach who ran an attack 3-4 scheme, but my team still comes out in a 4-3 scheme and that also effects the players overalls who are 3-4 scheme specific. Should I just ignore the overalls, and focus on individual ratings? Do the players still play as good if they were an 85 DT in a 4-3, and become a 68 DE when moved outside?

roll2tide 10-03-2013 07:52 PM

Re: ?'s about Owner Mode

You may have answered your own question about the $. I did a Raiders CFM and also built a new stadium and was 20 mil in the hole to begin the season and couldn't sign any FAs or resign any players. I would think waiting until at least season 2, maybe season 3, would give you a good bank roll for this(maybe 20-30 mil?).

The scheme and the play book are not related. You need to set a 3-4 play book in your CFM settings. The players will play the same regardless of OVR rating changing due to scheme or position moves. In the DT/DE example you used...that guy still has the same STR, BSH, PMV, etc.