Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower? (/forums/showthread.php?t=667762)

RyanFitzmagic 10-03-2013 04:41 PM

What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower?

Why should one bother to use regular moves when they can use the enhanced moves, and the only disadvantage is that the ballcarrier runs slightly slower?

roll2tide 10-03-2013 07:18 PM

Re: What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic (Post 2045526006)
Why should one bother to use regular moves when they can use the enhanced moves, and the only disadvantage is that the ballcarrier runs slightly slower?

It has been my experience that PM is fine with bigger backs with less juke and agility. However, a quicker, more agine back takes some really weird stutter steps when your holding the PM button and change direction. Using D McFadden and doing this sometimes causes him to completely stop for a second and then restart in the new direction. My #2 back on the Raiders, though, is some slow power back and he handles this much more smoothly and seems to just sidestep. I rarely use PM with McFadden or Chris Johnson or TRich (my 3 CFM backs) because of this unless it's a dive play.

In open space, with any back of any size, the regular double juke is deadly.

ghettogeeksta 10-03-2013 07:38 PM

Re: What are the drawbacks to using the Precision Modifier, other than running slower

It's a massive delay if you start running without using it, then in the middle of the run you decide to press the Precision Modifier button to do some jukes and nothings happens, your back just gets clobbered.

jmaj315 10-03-2013 09:16 PM

i accidentally figured out how to do stutter step (with reggie bush). I was in open space with one man to beat to get to the sideline and was going to PM juke, then decided not to. So i started on sprint, tapped L2, and went back to sprint.
Was a beautiful stutter step that left the defender dazed and confused. I recommend using with speed backs on the perimeter. Can be deadly! (and looks cool too)