Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   7v7 Online Football Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=668064)

StayPlation82 10-04-2013 06:50 PM

7v7 Online Football Game

I had an idea after seeing the interest in 2k's crew mode. I'm a football fan first so it came to mind to create a 7v7 crew style football game. I was thinking, shorten the field eliminate the dead weight. I'm not technical enough to know how feasible this is so I wanted to open it up to the forum. any dialogue is welcome.

here's what I came up with.

7v7 SQUAD FOOTBALL ONLINE

GAMEPLAY/MODES/RULES
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Squads of 10 or 14 with substitutions

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->7 versus 7 Football: touch, flag or tackle. not sure yet.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Slightly altered 7v7 rules from AAU

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->OFFENSE: QB,RB, C(CPU), WR, WR, WR, TE OR ATH

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->DEFENSE: FS,SS, CB, CB, CB, LB, LB OR ATH

· <!--[endif]-->Online only, offline drills(1/4 of online XP)

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Rankings & Leaderboards: character and team

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Smaller fields (60 yards, 50 yards playable including 10yd end zone), exotic locations.

CUSTOMIZATION
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Every player other than the center will be a user created player.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Squads can play with as little as 2 users online with 5 CPU controlled teammates

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->The CPU teammates will be current squad members with current attributes from server.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->These CPU teammates will gain XP for offline teammates but only half of what a user teammate gains for same performance.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Create-a-player interface a must

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Play style templates start everyone on an even playing field.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Player position based attribute and height/weight caps.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->XP gained from in game performance is used to level up character

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Uniform creator has options for logo, number font and color scheme.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Uniform consists of shorts and jerseys. Jerseyto be loose fit or compression style.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Accessories and shoes should rival basketball game options.

LOGISTICS
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->$20 on PSN/Marketplace/PC

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Generic. No Licensing.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Licensing could be added with micro-transactions.

<!--[if !supportLists]--> o <!--[endif]-->$1.00 for brand affiliation on team uniforms.

<!--[if !supportLists]--> o <!--[endif]-->$.50 for UA Highlight cleats or Nike VaporCarbon cleats etc.

<!--[if !supportLists]--> o <!--[endif]-->$.25 to $.75 for different branded accessories.

<!--[if !supportLists]--> o <!--[endif]-->Generic accessories to be free or bought through XP.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->XP cannot be bought for the use of leveling up your character.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->EA, NaturalMotion or 2K could make this with any previous football title released as foundation.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Game could also be Kickstarted.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Hopefully cross platform on next gen consoles and pc

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Rated E. marketed to 18 and younger as they are the demographic actually playing football in this way.

OTHER IDEAS

SINGLE PLAYER ONLINE/OFFLINE: MUT/MyTeam CONCEPT
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Maybe have an option to have NCAA or NFL legends to build around your character and take that team online or offline to compete against other like teams.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Online and offline seasons

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Single player competition doesn’t level up your character. However, character will be rated the same as in the online 7v7 mode via servers.

OFFLINE HEAD TO HEAD
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Same game but with the consoles allowing for as many controllers they can support to be a user.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->· 7<!--[endif]--> users vs. CPU for instance or 3v3 user vs. user games and any other combination supported.

STORY MODE
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Adding a story mode is tricky as there is no real world professional counterpart or any drama to play out on or off the field every week. But if it can be done it would add to the game's reach.

ULTIMATELY

CONCLUSION
<!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->I don’t think the idea is sound unless it’s added on to a football title as part of a career mode like Crew. Being that Madden is the only current title on the market going forward, they would have to almost change focus as I’m not sure if this idea can exist as alternate game mode for a NFL licensed product.