Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips (/forums/showthread.php?t=668220)

apriliand 10-05-2013 11:20 AM

NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

Hi all,

just wanted to kick off a "bigmen tips and tricks" thread with all kinds of tips for bigmen in 2k14.

First up:

All stat caps for all bigmen types in xlsx and xls format. Made by me (apriliand 1975) on PC.
Done by playing, not by datamining, so small errors possible, but 99% accurate.

http://jmp.sh/b/LCfvEIfrgZe1PWEBRCAw

How to use:
- "A" is the starting stat for that specific type of bigman (e.g. Athletic PF) for that specific attribute (e.g. Close shot)
- "B" is the cap for that attribute, for that type of bigman.
- "C" is the amount of skill points (or VC) needed to reach 80 in that attribute. If cap is below 80 then SP needed to reach that cap. If stat starts at or above 80 then this number reads 0 (zero)
- "D" is the amount of skill points (or VC) needed to cap that stat (if cap is below or at 80, then this number is same as "C")

- "Averages": just two indicating numbers that show your starting average skill level and your capped skill level/possible max. NOTE that it is NOT THE SAME as in-game averages, because e.g. a "63 overall" athletic PF's stat average is about 53 actually.

- "TOTAL to 80" and "TOTAL to cap": total skill points to increase all stats to 80 and to cap. Rules mentioned at "C" and "D" (see above) still apply.

It took me days to do this spreadsheet, so feel free to use and share it but do give me a shoutout if you do:
http://www.youtube.com/user/apriliand1975

PS: please do not derail this thread, just keep it for bigmen tips and tricks!
PPS: no I will not do the same for PGs etc.

apriliand 10-05-2013 11:25 AM

Re: NBA 2k14 - Centers and PFs - STAT CAPS and tips

PPS: all testing done with 7'00" players, 250 pounds. However, I did have a 6'8" athletic center as well, and all stats seem to have been the same.

Meaning (tip 1): height does not have an effect on stats and stat caps.

NickYoungGoat 10-05-2013 11:52 AM

Looks of it athletic is the best route, because it gives you better speed and quickness and the extra 2 points attributes the other provide is not all that

apriliand 10-05-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickYoungGoat (Post 2045531684)
Looks of it athletic is the best route, because it gives you better speed and quickness and the extra 2 points attributes the other provide is not all that

Agreed, although faceup and back to basket gave me very nice results in the testing. In fact with faceup I got drafted 5th (Phoenix), but got interviewed by Wizards (3rd). Finished with 20+ points - so if you want the easier road then faceup definitely works.

jaateloauto 10-05-2013 02:58 PM

Looking at these stats, seems rather likely that even though I strictly want to play big man online it's better for me to make a 6'11" SF swingman because the caps on things like on-ball defense, jump shots, layups, steals, vertical, speed, quickness will be considerably higher. I can still make him about just as good inside, he'll just be a ton faster and better perimeter defender.

2K really needs to have an overhaul on the limitations they put on players. I'd rather have a different character for online and offline, and I don't want the cap for players to be 99 overall.

arimamba 10-05-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaateloauto (Post 2045532207)
Looking at these stats, seems rather likely that even though I strictly want to play big man online it's better for me to make a 6'11" SF swingman because the caps on things like on-ball defense, jump shots, layups, steals, vertical, speed, quickness will be considerably higher. I can still make him about just as good inside, he'll just be a ton faster and better perimeter defender.

2K really needs to have an overhaul on the limitations they put on players. I'd rather have a different character for online and offline, and I don't want the cap for players to be 99 overall.

6''11 SF? with no weakness... that sounds cheese

jaateloauto 10-05-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arimamba (Post 2045532232)
6''11 SF? with no weakness... that sounds cheese

Probably going to only play until next-gen comes out. Given I don't glitch for VC or buy it and what I earn I plan to mostly spend on MyTeam I bet I won't even crack 80 overall. But you can bet this build will be popular for guys who play big man in crews.

From what I hear low post play is pretty unusable in crews anyway because there is no penalty for spamming steal button non-stop.

arimamba 10-05-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaateloauto (Post 2045532282)
Probably going to only play until next-gen comes out. Given I don't glitch for VC or buy it and what I earn I plan to mostly spend on MyTeam I bet I won't even crack 80 overall. But you can bet this build will be popular for guys who play big man in crews.

From what I hear low post play is pretty unusable in crews anyway because there is no penalty for spamming steal button non-stop.

oh yeah man i hear you... i play on pc and i know for sure unless i SP hack i wont get beyond 70 ovr