Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Week 6: Oakland Raiders (2-3) @ Kansas City Chiefs (5-0) (/forums/showthread.php?t=669477)

rangerrick012 10-09-2013 11:21 AM

Week 6: Oakland Raiders (2-3) @ Kansas City Chiefs (5-0)

This one's a lot more intriguing than you would have expected to start the season. Raiders coming off of a big win at home against the Chargers, and have won 6 straight at Arrowhead.

The Chiefs are out to a great start and looking to keep pace with Denver for the division.

I'm really hoping Pryor can keep up the progress he's shown, but this will probably be the toughest environment he's played in thus far.

mestevo 10-09-2013 12:27 PM

Re: Week 6: Oakland Raiders (2-3) @ Kansas City Chiefs (5-0)

Should be the toughest test for the Chiefs, records rarely matter in AFC West divisional games and the Raiders have had Kansas City's number for a while.

Hopefully McFadden will remain on his annual sabbatical from the team for one more game ;). If Pryor has to carry the team and the offensive line can't keep back the pass rush while containing him then the Chiefs will take it in a close defensive game that gets him to turn the ball over a few times.

Already you can see too many people taking KC in the eliminator poll, they could really regret that.

Here's the jinx too... if the Chiefs can get to 6-0, they then host the Texans and Browns, then go to the BIlls before finally facing Denver (and then hosting Chargers and Denver again... funky schedule). If they manage to get by Oakland I expect one of those teams finally catches them in a bad game though.

JMD 10-09-2013 09:06 PM

I don't think this game will be close at all.

Chiefs 34
Raiders 13

jth1331 10-10-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD (Post 2045546867)
I don't think this game will be close at all.

Chiefs 34
Raiders 13

Honestly, I think people are underestimating the Raiders. I know I'm surprised by how much they progressed, especially Pryor. Are they an overally good team? Not quite, but they are making strides, starting with Pryor. They aren't turning the ball over, and playing decent enough defense at times. Heck they almost knocked off the Colts in Indy to start the year.
Add to the fact it is a divisional game, rivalry, I think it is a close game.

rangerrick012 10-10-2013 01:49 AM

Exactly. The fact that Oakland's won 6 straight at Arrowhead, even with Jamarcus at QB for one of those, certainly is nothing to overlook. I know different players, different season, etc. But for some reason Oakland always seems to travel well there recently.

And mestevo, I wouldn't be that worried about McFadden. This offense is built around Pryor now, for better or worse. His running ability opens things up for whoever's in the backfield, whether it's Jennings, Reece, or McGlasson.

TheMatrix31 10-10-2013 01:57 AM

I'll say the Chiefs win a close one. 23-17. Something like that.

Chaos81 10-10-2013 07:29 PM

For some reason a rep from Guinness is going to be at the game this week checking for a noise record. Can't see Arrowhead coming anywhere close, but I'll be there yelling my head off.

kehlis 10-10-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos81 (Post 2045549767)
For some reason a rep from Guinness is going to be at the game this week checking for a noise record. Can't see Arrowhead coming anywhere close, but I'll be there yelling my head off.

I read this three times and kept trying to figure out why a rep from a beer company would be there checking for a noise record.

After spending time contemplating that and then figuring out how dumb I was, I feel dumber lol...