Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   The Future of NCAA 2014 (/forums/showthread.php?t=672184)

jaybird13 10-18-2013 01:08 PM

The Future of NCAA 2014

Since the launch of the game I've seen a lot of the doomsayers come and go. I've stuck with NCAA through it all but this last week with literally no updates or new content has really disheartened me.

So it's got me thinking - since there won't be a game next year how long do you guys think they'll continue to support it with new content? I'd like to think they'd go beyond their typical one year cycle but I'm not sure how their expiring NCAA contract will affect that. Once it runs out will they be legally obligated to pull the plug entirely?

That brings the most important question - how long will they keep the servers running? I played NCAA 2013's online dynasty a full year - so it's going to be a bitter pill to swallow if it comes sooner rather than later.

AtomicCity42 10-18-2013 02:15 PM

Re: The Future of NCAA 2014

If there are not any good updates soon I'm shelving it and moving onto something else

NCStateHokie 10-18-2013 03:28 PM

I think the lack of new stuff today is pretty telling. Probably are done as we speak. Think about it. EA has zero incentive to keep this rolling as there is no new game for next year. They kept things up in running in years past to keep people happy and interested in the next version of the game. Now that EA has our money they couldn't care less which is a shame because it can affect how people purchase (or don't) future EA games no matter the franchise.

volfan1985 10-18-2013 03:31 PM

EA is a business. They will only keep this updated if it is profitable for them to do so.
******** src="//ext.bizrate.com/js/loader.js"></script>

Syxxpac78 10-18-2013 04:31 PM

I doubt you see much more out of them. They rode it while it was hot before Madden came out and once Madden hit along with this being the final year of the game it's on it's last legs. Maybe they continue a card or update here and there through bowl season, but that's it.

I held out hope for new collections, better updates, etc for a while now and I think it's time to move on.

tacosaban 12-26-2013 06:27 PM

How long will the servers stay up? Will they continue into next season? Would be nice to start some new dynasty's next year with new rosters. Lack of playoff stinks but at least its a college football game.

michiganfan8620 12-26-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCStateHokie (Post 2045571334)
I think the lack of new stuff today is pretty telling. Probably are done as we speak. Think about it. EA has zero incentive to keep this rolling as there is no new game for next year. They kept things up in running in years past to keep people happy and interested in the next version of the game. Now that EA has our money they couldn't care less which is a shame because it can affect how people purchase (or don't) future EA games no matter the franchise.

Nothing ever comes out on Thursdays. New collections and cv challenges are fridays

marks01234ps3 12-26-2013 10:20 PM

I think we'll new content through June. Ea will get Clowney, Manziel, Bridgewater, etc for Madden and will release them here too.