Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen) (/forums/showthread.php?t=673950)

convince 10-24-2013 04:14 PM

Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundown (Post 2045591956)
I know winning is not the only goal, but it's an "implied" goal. I was just pointing out that it's somewhat silly to think that winning doesn't factor into an association at all.

Why not make a MyPlayer that looks like the actual pistons GM? I'm hoping that we can have more than one MyPlayer (don't have my hopes up though) and model one after our franchise GM. Except the CAP system is probably not good for making old dudes. At least GSW GM Bob Myers is actually relatively young so lucked out there.

In NFL 2K5, with firing on or off, the Owner/GM gave out realistic goals. IE..if you were the Raiders...Primary Goal win 8 games. Secondary goal Finish in the top half in team rushing. If you select a team like the Patriots... the Primary goal was more like Make the playoffs with Secondary goal being improve the teams defense. And if you selected "Firing to be on" you were given at least two years before they fired you. And the goals changed every year. If firing was off you just received angry emails from the front office.

lakers24 10-24-2013 04:22 PM

Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Quote:

Originally Posted by convince (Post 2045592084)
In NFL 2K5, with firing on or off, the Owner/GM gave out realistic goals. IE..if you were the Raiders...Primary Goal win 8 games. Secondary hoal Finish in the top half in team rushing. If you select a team like the Patriots... the Primary goal was more like Make the playoffs with Secondary goal being improve the teams defense. And if you selected "Firing to be on" you were given at two years before the fired you. And the goals changed every year. If firing was off you just received angry emails from the front office.

And this is why I'm not jumping the gun on the burn 2k to the ground mob. Since no one has seen or played the mode, who's to say it isn't modeled heavily from that concept NFL 2k5 had.

P.S. This is an old thing they are bringing back with players in your office, it just seems to be more depth....Now if we could only get them to bring back halftime, postgame, and weekly recap shows.

qpc123 10-24-2013 04:24 PM

With the information available at this time everyone is essentailly jumping to conclusions.

Jumping to a conclusion that a brand new is going to be great is the same as jumping to the conclusion it will suck.

Neither side knows. Odds are both sides are mostly wrong.

One thing that is conclusive(confirmed) is that in 2k14 next gen you cannot control all 30 teams. That one fact alone removes the way I enjoy the game most. I like to keep my association as true to real life as possible.

For me no 30 team control(along with other issues I have)=a no buy for next gen 2k14, I'll stick to my current gen version.

The 24th Letter 10-24-2013 04:27 PM

Great posts Sundown

all the way around

Csquared 10-24-2013 04:37 PM

I'm guessing this is the mode that would "blow our minds". Well played 2k. Well played...I don't see how each one of you sim heads aren't overly hyped! I am!

djbaker 10-24-2013 04:40 PM

Lol I played so much MyTeam in 2k13 that I never even got around to the association. I could give a Dayum about controlling numerous teams. I guess I don't mind because I work all day and have little time to play anyhow. Bottom line, I like what I'm hearing from 2K.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Painkiller1974 10-24-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush (Post 2045591439)
So if I'm doing a MyGM and my team loses money, I get fired and the MyGM season is over? Or do I have to start with another team?

Man...take this RPG stuff to Grand Theft Auto.

I don't have no time for cause and effect. I just want to play ball.

Who told them this was a good idea?

THIS IS THE QUESTION: if i get fired, i must change team ? My carrer is over ?
Oh my good this is terrible !!!! No no nooooo

lightning_78 10-24-2013 05:00 PM

Another detail I'm curious about is players retiring. Let's say during the first year I have someone like Kobe or Tim Duncan who may retire after the season does my GM have any ability to keep them longer? Will they walk into my office and tell me they're considering retirement and will I have the option to persuade them to keep playing?

One thing I didn't like was that players always retired randomly (both in Madden and NBA 2K) and I felt many times that the player retired while they still had 2-3 years left of quality play. Hopefully retirements are presented in a more detailed structure in next-gen.