Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   How to earn coins? (/forums/showthread.php?t=675548)

Kylefan48 10-30-2013 12:04 PM

How to earn coins?

How do people get so many coins? I really want to build up my team without buying msp. Any suggestions?

CaptainCartel 10-30-2013 12:15 PM

Re: How to earn coins?

Buy low an sell high, predict the next week collection

H8erGuy 10-30-2013 12:25 PM

I would keep an eye on collections in general. Many cards that don't look valuable at first look can make you some big $. Look at the guys from Troy on the auction block for instance.
1) know what cards are valuable so that when you get a seaon pack, you dont dismiss them.
2) watch new collections ... these are hot cards. I usually choose to sell mine vs. chasing a collection prize.
3) As Captain said, buy low and sell high ... This weekend, I saw a Ray Lewis that you could buy for 300K. It was gone in 2 minutes and reposted (by the buyer) for a million coins. It was the only one on the auction ... That fella stands to make 700K just becasue he was paying attention (and had some coins to play with).

michiganfan8620 10-30-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H8erGuy (Post 2045610949)
I would keep an eye on collections in general. Many cards that don't look valuable at first look can make you some big $. Look at the guys from Troy on the auction block for instance.
1) know what cards are valuable so that when you get a seaon pack, you dont dismiss them.
2) watch new collections ... these are hot cards. I usually choose to sell mine vs. chasing a collection prize.
3) As Captain said, buy low and sell high ... This weekend, I saw a Ray Lewis that you could buy for 300K. It was gone in 2 minutes and reposted (by the buyer) for a million coins. It was the only one on the auction ... That fella stands to make 700K just becasue he was paying attention (and had some coins to play with).

I doubt that Lewis sold for a million...

crowhop 10-30-2013 12:47 PM

It would help to actually know the market for every card. Takes a lot of time investment.
For instance, knowing that Ray Lewis' market is actually 300-450k.

If you plan to work the block to make coins you better know when you see a steal and when you don't. Until you learn that no advice will work for you.

michiganfan8620 10-30-2013 12:54 PM

Yeah the Lewis for 300k could make a person a quick 50-100k, but definitely not 700k. Especially with the low amount of buyers on the market.

H8erGuy 10-30-2013 12:57 PM

I guess I agree about market values, but just remember that scarcity matters. One of my main targets as I started playing UT was Sean Taylor. I bought him at 300-400 (his market value two weeks ago). He then disappeared from the auctions, only to reappear in the 2 million range. I know that these cards are unlikely to sell at such an inflated price ... but if I hadn't landed my Sean Taylor earlier, I would likely jump on the next 750K Taylor card that came available worried that the 300 days are long gone. Lesson is, if you are putting the only card a certain type on the auction block, it doesnt hurt to go shopping for that cards soulmate ... within reason.

Kylefan48 10-30-2013 01:26 PM

I get tons of steals like the other night I got a Michael Irvin for 150 coins and a joe Thomas for 150 coins buyout