Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   MADDEN next gen positive thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=679120)

Rad56 11-08-2013 06:09 PM

MADDEN next gen positive thread

after reading complaints after complaints about madden next gen Im starting a positive thread for us who are excited for the game.I think the small improvements look very good and can also see a graphics improvement that i guess most dont see.The game may be close to the same as current gen but at least its not barebones like the first 360 version was.I no there are lots of room for improvements but madden has come a long way and some people well never be happy no mater what they get.

Afrikan 11-08-2013 06:15 PM

Re: MADDEN next gen positive thread

Finally true 60fps experience? Hopefully (better be, imo) 1080p like Fifa.

Realistic lighting, and it might show at specific stadiums....all the good qualities about the graphics come together to make some nice eye candy.

Grass might finally look nice in all stadiums.

Rain games might finally look realistic again?

I don't know...we'll see.

jpdavis82 11-08-2013 06:26 PM

Finally a place I belong!!! Lol just kidding

Im looking forward to how people respond to the game after actually playing it. Not just assuming that they know everything already.

m1ke_nyc 11-08-2013 06:27 PM

I like the fact that a pocket actually forms. Should stop people from dropping back 15 yards throwing bombs.

royounggoku 11-08-2013 06:31 PM

The most important improvement in my eyes was the overall OL/DL interactions. Hopefully this will give a distinction between the D Ware's of the world and your regular Joe's. Also the addition of an organic pocket that forces Quarterbacks to read defenses pre play and utilize dump offs and hot reads is what I'm hoping will shake up the Madden world as a whole and force people to play more realistically. Gone are the days of running around like a fool in the backfield without having to pay the consequences

All of this coupled with the supposed improved defenses that break on the ball more quickly will hopefully tip the scales between offense and defense more in favor of the latter. Can't wait to see the faces of the Youtube players that use Quarters all day long.

wordtobigbird 11-08-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2045642863)
Finally a place I belong!!! Lol just kidding

Im looking forward to how people respond to the game after actually playing it. Not just assuming that they know everything already.

They will be pleasantly surprised and this is coming from someone who thinks Madden is average at best most of the time. The same thing happened between M13 to M25. I don't know how many post that said "same old madden!" after seeing the videos. But As soon as I returned the first kick, it felt like a different game. I was pleasantly surprised and could never go back to older Madden's style of running.

You can't see the difference in how the game feels, you just can't. So the optimist in me is hoping even with all of Madden's short comings it will FEEL different on next gen.

wordtobigbird 11-08-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royounggoku (Post 2045642876)
The most important improvement in my eyes was the overall OL/DL interactions. Hopefully this will give a distinction between the D Ware's of the world and your regular Joe's. Also the addition of an organic pocket that forces Quarterbacks to read defenses pre play and utilize dump offs and hot reads is what I'm hoping will shake up the Madden world as a whole and force people to play more realistically. Gone are the days of running around like a fool in the backfield without having to pay the consequences

All of this coupled with the supposed improved defenses that break on the ball more quickly will hopefully tip the scales between offense and defense more in favor of the latter. Can't wait to see the faces of the Youtube players that use Quarters all day long.

LOL

Like I said in the other thread, if true, online matches will be fun again. Even quick matches against randoms. I could win against cheeser but it felt like work, it was frustrating. I had to do wayyyyy too much pre play to stop those guys that just drop back crazy deep with the QB. If I can actually win a game with play calling and not defensive hot routes, the game will be vastly improved.

That being said, can they just add tiered play calling so I can choose DE contain instead of having to quickly switch to each DE and hot route? lol.

VinnyVegas28 11-08-2013 06:41 PM

Let me start by saying that no sports video game is without flaws. I played the demo at E3 for Next Gen and was blown away! The game felt completely new to me. Now I know that is not the game that we have seen lately with the EA marketing but if it plays anything like that demo, I will be one happy camper! The War in Trenches and new running game with True Step has me excited and it doesnt bother me that the crowd has duplicates, as long as the crowd feels alive during key moments of the game is enough for me. Everything that has been touted is just the beginning of a solid foundation. I will enjoy this Madden just as I have the current gen games and look forward to the future of the Next Gen franchise! Nov. 15th, Bring IT!