Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Any tips for running a two back system? (/forums/showthread.php?t=680513)

Staalker 11-12-2013 03:26 AM

Any tips for running a two back system?

I have tried numerous settings to get some decent subs for RB's...I have two that I want to get snaps each game, but for some reason the 2nd only gets one or two carries a game, if that. Usually only on along drive or where he had a couple of beefy screens or catches.

Any tips on getting some subs without having to go into the substitutions? I have had major issues making subs in the past, but if anyone can give some tips for making that work I'm game as well.

It's not a huge deal to sub them out at the half, but the second half game isn't always the same and you tend to run more in the 4th if you are up...so, I'd prefer to see them work in tandem all game long.

Thanks in advance.

OhMrHanky 11-12-2013 08:50 AM

Any tips for running a two back system?

I know u say u don't want to go into substitutions, but this may be a necessity. I've read numerous threads about auto subs and they all say it just doesn't work. I, too like to run with 2 backs throughout the game, and personally, I use the right stick on the playcall screen to select the package u want and I select spell HB or HB sub. This, for me, is a fairly quick, easy way to sub in and sub out when I want. Once u get the hang of the right shoulder button subs, that's actually not terrible, either. So, if u really want to see both backs play, I think your best bet is to suck it up a little, and manually sub in and out. That's just the best, most guaranteed way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roll2tide 11-12-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Any tips for running a two back system?

I often set different backs to start in different formations via the in game sub system(RB on XBOX). Since some form of each type of run is typically in each formation then I just pick the formation for my play based on which back I want running.

JaymeeAwesome 11-12-2013 11:04 AM

I agree with everyone here. Formation subs are the way to go. Set them up on your first series and you will have them set for the whole game. Auto-sub just doesn't work as intended but you can check the autosub thread in slider forum to see if it helps.

Pepe1980 11-12-2013 02:30 PM

Not going off topic, but I do a similar thing to roll 2 tide to sub in a mobile QB for read option in various formations. I have Aaron Rodgers as my main QB and Terelle Pryor in on a few shotgun packages where he can carry the ball. Pretty straightforward way to do things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staalker 11-12-2013 04:21 PM

Thanks for the replies, I was afraid that package subs would be the best way to go.

What's the best way to do that? Turn off the snap clock, in game? Or can it be done during from custom playbooks?

What if that player is no longer on my team, do I have to go and change all the plays I gave him if I decide to not use this setup anymore? I usually use gameflow, simply because it makes the game faster and I don't have a ton of time to play.

Appreciate the help guys! Cheers.

Tom.Kennedy22 11-14-2013 11:18 AM

Try using the strong/weak formations in the Pistol, which can be found in the Panthers' playbook. I was able to pull in Gio Bernard and Chris Johnson, allowing Bernard to be my workhorse (#1) back, and Johnson the change of pace (#2) guy.

From the strong formation, there are successful plays for both running backs, the #2 guy getting mostly off-tackle plays, with the #1 back getting either off tackle or zone reads. If you keep Newton in that formation, it gives you the capability for a very dangerous read option / triple option.

ajra21 11-14-2013 09:43 PM

I don't improve my RB's stamina. That way, both guys get touches.