Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen? (/forums/showthread.php?t=681528)

troy184 11-14-2013 08:24 AM

In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

If so, I would have expected a WOW game. I'm not seeing that right now. It looks like XBox 360 footage....even down to the commentary.

Malcd9583 11-14-2013 08:38 AM

Re: In your honest opinion, did EA really spend 2 years developing Next Gen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy184 (Post 2045663345)
If so, I would have expected a WOW game. I'm not seeing that right now. It looks like XBox 360 footage....even down to the commentary.

To be honest with you i watched the gameinformer stream because i wanted to see what the fuss was about. So i got the watching and dam dam dam im like first i cant take much from a stream and the guys that were playing cuz lets be honest they were not good. With that being said the game is exactly the same game i traded in on CG they just swaped AP and Barry Sanders saying its a New game the D linemen didnt even shoot up the field like on the "War in the trenches video" Im shocked its come this i had tons of credit at Gamestop so my madden was free but dam dam dam ive been bamboozled.

BTownSlinger 11-14-2013 08:45 AM

It's junk.

TOmuch81 11-14-2013 08:45 AM

I think EA spent "their version" of 2 years on it. I wasn't expecting to be blown away, and truthfully, I haven't played it yet, but I was expecting more effort visually. It's hard to not compare the efforts of 2K on their vision for next gen to EA's. Fifa is getting the best reviews and that was a more solid gameplay to begin with. These "plans" that EA has to implement over a course of 3 three years are fine and dandy, but they need to start executing on such. Most of the developing team split up and its the same ride over and over.

roadman 11-14-2013 08:45 AM

I'd say they worked for two years getting the transition ready and making sure everything was transported over. They didn't want to repeat history.

Evidence of the crowd swelling, true step with only two players, and whatever else is under the hood, I just don't know.

Graphics and lighting look better.

TheBleedingRed21 11-14-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2045663387)
I'd say they worked for two years getting the transition ready and making sure everything was transported over. They didn't want to repeat history.

Evidence of the crowd swelling, true step with only two players, and whatever else is under the hood, I just don't know.

Graphics and lighting look better.

Except Jamal Charles looked white due to the overdone lighting.

apollon42 11-14-2013 09:08 AM

Honestly, if you told me this was Madden 15 on Xbox 360, I would believe you. And I still wouldnt even be impressed.

munky1307 11-14-2013 09:13 AM

If it took them two years to get to this point, what hope do we have for something better in Madden 15 with a shortened development cycle? The sad truth I suppose....