Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   How Long Can It Last? (/forums/showthread.php?t=681931)

wepr3 11-15-2013 11:07 AM

How Long Can It Last?

I've started pouring money into Ultimate Team packs because I'm trying to build my FSU team. But last night I started to wonder if this is a smart move.

Obviously NCAA 14 is going to be the last game, at least for a while, so I anticipate playing it for years to come. The problem is, if you have to be connected to the internet to even use Ultimate Team, how long is EA going to allow NCAA Ultimate Team to take up space on their servers? Why am I spending any time/money on this if it won't work/be accessible in the next year or two?

I don't play others online, but I think to even play the challenges, you have to be connected.

If I'm wrong about this, please let me know.

wepr3 11-15-2013 10:21 PM

Re: How Long Can It Last?

147 views, I know someone has something to offer.

RobbyWacker7 11-15-2013 10:23 PM

I dont know man. Tough situation, i think the servers will stay up for a while, but in a month or two eventually theyll just stop paying attention. Its up to u man.

marks0124 11-15-2013 10:24 PM

I suspect EA will continue to add content until about May/June of 2014. That's when the contract with the NCAA runs out. I imagine they will add the 2014 draft class as a last ditch effort to raise money. Cards like a Clowney elite, Johnny Football HH and Bridgewater elite. They will have these guys under contract with Madden. Last year the Madden UT mode gut combine cards for the 2013 draft class.

As far as how longer the servers last - who knows really. I would suspect they will hang around for a while though - espically with the other modes being popular.

Now whether to sink your money in or not - that's really got to be your call. Remember it's entertainment. Some people have gotten there money back in this mode and some people have made money but those days may be over. Just put in what you feel comfortable doing and enjoy yourself. People go to the movies all the time at $10 a pop and get nothing of value in return.

I can tell you this - you don't have to sink money in to enjoy this mode and build a good team. In fact it's probably even easier now with the market flooded of low level elites.

michiganfan8620 11-15-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marks0124 (Post 2045671568)
I suspect EA will continue to add content until about May/June of 2014. That's when the contract with the NCAA runs out. I imagine they will add the 2014 draft class as a last ditch effort to raise money. Cards like a Clowney elite, Johnny Football HH and Bridgewater elite. They will have these guys under contract with Madden. Last year the Madden UT mode gut combine cards for the 2013 draft class.

As far as how longer the servers last - who knows really. I would suspect they will hang around for a while though - espically with the other modes being popular.

Now whether to sink your money in or not - that's really got to be your call. Remember it's entertainment. Some people have gotten there money back in this mode and some people have made money but those days may be over. Just put in what you feel comfortable doing and enjoy yourself. People go to the movies all the time at $10 a pop and get nothing of value in return.

I can tell you this - you don't have to sink money in to enjoy this mode and build a good team. In fact it's probably even easier now with the market flooded of low level elites.

It wouldn't shock me to see the servers go down in a year. With the new systems out, they are going to be shutting down a lot of services faster than people might think.

CAJ16 11-15-2013 11:10 PM

I haven't spent a penny In UT and I have a 93 squad. I obviously don't have a Deon or 99 Woodson or any cards like that. But I have plenty of 95s, and speed for days. I love this mode, I would honestly buy EA Sports Ultimate Team Football if they made it and supported it.

michiganfan8620 11-15-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAJ16 (Post 2045671723)
I haven't spent a penny In UT and I have a 93 squad. I obviously don't have a Deon or 99 Woodson or any cards like that. But I have plenty of 95s, and speed for days. I love this mode, I would honestly buy EA Sports Ultimate Team Football if they made it and supported it.

I did not spend anything either and have a 96 team, with a HW Woodson. However, with the current market situation now, it would be easier to quickly get a team to 90 OVR since so many cards are so cheap, but probably take a bit longer to get higher than that since the market is so messed up, making flipping cards difficult.

CAJ16 11-15-2013 11:20 PM

My best card is Heisman Tommy Frazier. Yeah. The market is pretty jacked. Flipping for value seems pretty dried up. Still find a steal here and there, but most value I get is from a nice pull from a reward pack I sell high.