Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Total plays (/forums/showthread.php?t=682126)

Gagnon39 11-16-2013 12:30 AM

Total plays

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the average total plays (for both teams) in an NFL game somewhere in the 130-140 range? I'm asking because I want to run a realistic number of plays when I play the game. With the clock runoff it makes this very manageable. However, one problem persists with me when I play games where there are 140 plays. Its a shootout. Are any of you guys playing on a setting where you have a realistic number of plays per game and are getting varied scored? I'd love to see a 13-10 game every now and again. Or possibly even a shutout.

I just gave up 397 yards to Jake Locker. And there were 8 total turnovers in the game. It was fun but not very realistic.

The JareBear 11-16-2013 02:30 AM

Re: Total plays

From what I have seen so far, a number of slider "weirdness effects" have carried over. I feel like my team covers better on default all-madden than the CPU team, I think the coverage sliders might be just as reversed/wonky as they were on CG. I am probably going to leave reaction and coverage at 50 and just use INT as the "make coverage better/worse" slider (lower it for user, raise it for CPU)

I think the offensive oriented games from the CG are going to carry over, at least for now. I am sure guys are going to test penalty sliders and find a combo of settings and sliders that give the defense somewhat of a chance. Some of the overpowered stuff from CG is still overpowered, unfortunately. At the moment, I am not confident that we will be able to fully tilt the scale in favor of defense, but, I think we might be able to get something going....

Jm0ney2001 11-16-2013 10:26 AM

I don't think this game is offensive oriented at all. On default all madden slow speed I lost to the Texans 13-37 and beat the bills 35-31 as the vikings on 15 min qtrs with 12 secs left on the playclock. I feel there is way more defense in this gen and its way more sim. The Ai is more intelligent too.

Dwenny 11-16-2013 09:30 PM

My first game with Offline CCM, Patriots 20 vs Eagles 35. All-Madden, default. Had one pick 6 against me, felt it was my fault, used backup QB for 3 quarters. Played better than I thought. Would like to see more penalties, only one called. Need to play a few more to see if penalty sliders are needed. Although I lost, I did not feel cheated like in PS3 version.:y220e: