Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=683345)

DustinT 11-19-2013 01:56 AM

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions

If you read the early impressions of Madden 25 we released on Saturday, then you know that we have found the game to be a obvious upgrade from the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, but we also had some issues with the game. The initial things we liked so far about the title on the PS4 (running game, line play, overall defense) we are liking even more as we spend more time with EA’s first next gen football title (that’s a good thing). The things we disliked, which are mostly carry-over issues from last gen, are more noticeable now and we assume will diminish the overall experience a bit more than they actually should.

Read More - Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions

ultralow36 11-19-2013 07:40 AM

Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Extended Impressions

good write up im liking the game 1st time in years..

Dazraz 11-19-2013 07:59 AM

I get my Xbox One at the end of the week. Sure hoping Madden & Forza deliver as NBA 2K & FIFA are no goes for me due to the lack of Offline Multiplayer Modes.

jukeum445 11-19-2013 09:32 AM

good impression.. i'm having fun again with madden, just having issues with the difficulties.. all-pro is too easy and all madden is too fake with the results..

TreyIM2 11-19-2013 10:09 AM

Initially, I was highly critical of this game in what I thought was possibly a lazy port of the now last gen version of the game, mind u I didn't get 25 on my PS3 because I new I was getting it for PS4, but over time, the game has increasingly grown on me as well. True Step is friggin great. Took a lil getting used to with run timing and the extra steps players take in their animations but I thought TS was great from go. Line play is improved as well. I love the double teaming, even when it's happening against me. Lol.

I've only played a few games because I took time to do the skills drills to get more comfortable with the controls and I've also been running a TON of offensive practice drills, which I set to random plays on O and D to keep em coming fast and furious, so I can continue to sharpen my skills. Been a long while since I was playing 13 and even then, I did the same thing with the drills but never got into my chise cuz PS3 ylod on me.

At any rate, the visuals have caught up with me more. Still think EA didn't do enough with textures and the player/people art has to be revamped, completely but the grass and stadiums look great along with finally having a polygon crowd although we need more variation in the fans clothing and animations.

The animations and IE definitely need work and those were also contributing to my initial impressions but I think I expected way too much especially from EA so I got over it and learned to enjoy what's there.

supermanemblem 11-19-2013 10:35 AM

Best Madden in years. I'm glad I gave EA one last shot. Running game and pass defense are a little wonky but not deal breakers. My d-line actually gets sacks. I also love the auto resume feature.

asu666 11-19-2013 11:04 AM

The lack of penalties and animation hicups killed the experience for me. I played a couple of games and called it quits. FIFA and NBA 2K offer a deeper experience with fewer frustrations. 25 years of Madden and the penalties still feel PSOneish.

priam11 11-19-2013 12:06 PM

That last post concerns me enough to hold off on the purchase. Penalties are part of the game. Potential point getting drives get stalled by penalties all the time. To have so few, at the stage of the franchise, is what brings me crashing back to reality.

Like what happen to holding penalties this year in Madden and NCAA?