Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Great Idea for How to Handle Drafting Rookies (/forums/showthread.php?t=68573)

dpgreen 02-06-2004 07:45 PM

Great Idea for How to Handle Drafting Rookies

I know this should probably be in the wishlist thread but nobody respondas to what you say in there so I'm putting this here because I want some feedback from you guys.

First off, create a player should be taken out of the franchise menu, so ytou can make them before you start if you like, but not once you start your franchise. The reason I think this should be taken out of the franchise mode is because there is really no need to draft a good rookie when you can just create who you like.

So I say the format should be changed to this :

You get to create your rookie from scratch!!! You get to make his name, position, face, skin color, etc. See, I don't lioke drafting a guy and not having a visual of what he looks like, they give me no idea. The way to make this creation process fair is to give a certain amount of creation points for each poick # in each round. This way if you get the #1 pick, you will get the best guy available! And if you have the last pick in the last round, he will much worse than a 1st round guy because he will have many less points to be given to him. Your rookie will have all of his stats at 0 when you start and you raise them the way you want him to turn out. For example, you probably won't give your star rookie receiver a 94 tackle, wehn you have much more pressing needs, such as catching and speed.

I guess the other teams that you don't control will just draft the way they do now.

So, what do you guys think of this idea. I personally would love it if this was put into the game next year

dieselboy 02-07-2004 05:56 PM

Re: Great Idea for How to Handle Drafting Rookies

Thats a terrible idea.

Completelty unrealistic, and defeits the purpose of busts.

bigman24 02-07-2004 06:14 PM

Yeah that idea does blow and is very unrealistic. Also why do u care what ur rookies look like? I care about game skills and how they play not how they look. Style is not for video games for sure.

Quagmire 02-07-2004 06:22 PM

Wow, that could have been the worst idea i have ever heard. It's really cheesy if you need one fast guy or one guy who breaks tackles and just give them a 99 in that area. Bad, bad idea.

CharlieBrown 02-07-2004 06:51 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
dieselboy said:
Thats a terrible idea.

Completelty unrealistic, and defeits the purpose of busts.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
Yes it is.

Klue516 02-08-2004 02:09 AM

Reading your idea was worst than looking at monkey nutz

PlayaHataSupreme 02-09-2004 02:08 PM

The only reason I would suggest a facet of this idea is that the NCAA Draft Class sometimes excludes certain players from Madden (A Troy State QB was excluded in my season, but the same draft class was used on my brother's game and he showed up)

But other than that, I think the days of giving people a pool of points are over with........

WazzuRC 02-09-2004 07:01 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Klue516 said:
Reading your idea was worst than looking at monkey nutz

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

You've looked at monkey nutz??

And yeah, that's a terrible idea...