Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden CCM Editing (CG Xbox 360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=686899)

khaliib 11-27-2013 03:19 PM

Madden CCM Editing (CG Xbox 360)

2 Attachment(s)
Been testing for a few days now and was trying to deliver a more detailed instructions on what can/can not be edited through testing, but there is simply too much editable data for one person to do on their own.

My testing is based from CG Madden 13 (Xbox 360), PS3 gamers will have to test/verify for their consoles.

**PLEASE DO NOT post questions concerning NG Systems, they will just lead to clutter of the thread because they are so new. When/if something is found, a thread will be started in the NG Madden Thread**

With that, here we go...

Things needed:
1) A memory unit large enough for the installed game.

2) Hex program (I used WinHex because it allows you to pull mostly readable data to display)
a) Use In-Place Edit mode (do not extract any of the files, it makes it unrecognizable)
b) DO NOT shift file and stay within .xml format, otherwise install will corrupt.
c) Test small edits before doing a massive edit, as CFM links many aspects together.

Rather than do a specific offset to find data, I think we should just use reference headers as the data is written and list them (which we can update as we go) and folks can just do a "Search/Find" to get them to that location.

Ex: InjuryLookupTable
**The good thing is that these are in xml format**
As with all things, save Default backups and be mindful of what you edit.

khaliib 11-27-2013 03:46 PM

Re: Madden CCM Editing (CG Xbox 360)

Data0000 = Draft/Player info
Data0001= Draft/Player info, Gameplay Tuning, Stadium and other info

Search/Find List:
Tunable parameters...
Ex: 100-based max chance of a PAT being blocked EXTRA_PT_PCT_CHANCE_BLOCK="50.0",

fileName="Franchise-LeagueData" (Team Philosophies)
<record name="49ers (Specific Team Name for each teams philosophies)
InjuryLookup

DraftClass1 (**up to 30 Classes)

record name="Player Last, Player First... (this for actual player details)

store name="StadiumStore" (Stadium Listing)
record name="AlohaStadium... (Specific Stadium Name)

store name="CoachesArrayStore1 (Coach stuff)

attribute name="MaxRosterSize" (adjust min/max Roster Size)

store name="CityStore" (Weather metrics for all cities) **esp for all those rain games**

record name="PlayerSizeGradeWeight-HB (sets metrics used to determine player grading for type of player/position)
Ex: SpeedBack [weight= 180, 195, 210, 225, 240] [grade= 99, 90, 80, 65, 50]

record name="DraftedPlayerContract-Pick (set contracts & bonuses to be used for each pick)

tdawg3782 11-28-2013 04:19 PM

Not at home right now. How big is the game? I have an 8 GB stick at home. Is that enough? Might have to find my ext harddrive. Can't wait to dig into this later tonight.

tdawg3782 11-28-2013 09:58 PM

Ok so I'm in the process of of saving the game to my external hdd. My stupid thumb drive was 400 mb to small :jpshakehe. So now I'm using a partition off my 1 TB external. The problem is it is below Xbox requirements to play games and it may lag blah blah blah. So this leads to a question.

I'm assuming that since I edit and save the files from the HDD that I will be using the HDD to play the games correct?

Thanks in advance man. I may just have to go find me a 16 GB thumb drive.

khaliib 11-28-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdawg3782 (Post 2045718120)
Ok so I'm in the process of of saving the game to my external hdd. My stupid thumb drive was 400 mb to small :jpshakehe. So now I'm using a partition off my 1 TB external. The problem is it is below Xbox requirements to play games and it may lag blah blah blah. So this leads to a question.

I'm assuming that since I edit and save the files from the HDD that I will be using the HDD to play the games correct?

Thanks in advance man. I may just have to go find me a 16 GB thumb drive.

I think all ext drives gets that message to get you to buy a 360 HDD. (money thing)

To be truthful, that's my assumption also.
This is still a trial phase to see what/how stuff is used from the HDD install.

I just saw it and was like, whoa...

Especially with internal CCM stuff being what we wanted to have editing abilities for.

The .xml for 1 player is 14kb, which doesn't seem like alot.
But multiply that by 75 players per 32 team x (30) 100+ player Draft Classes and one can see how large a task that is in hex.

Then you have the Branch/Back Stories for each player, coach, team and draftee.

That's why I decided to put it out before seeing what all could be done.
The job is just too big for one person to do.

trey31 12-17-2013 12:21 AM

EDIT: Just saw this was Madden 13 on 360.

Was Madden 12 on 360 install-able?

khaliib 12-17-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trey31 (Post 2045773950)
EDIT: Just saw this was Madden 13 on 360.

Was Madden 12 on 360 install-able?

I installed '09 to check and it had much of the same stuff minus CFM Stories.

DropkickCleary 12-17-2013 08:23 PM

Sooo... how is this useful? Can it be transferred back to the console to be actually used?!