Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding (/forums/showthread.php?t=689345)

PocketScout 12-03-2013 11:37 PM

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

I have seen many people wanting a playoff in NCAA 2014. Well you can do it with the Generic Editor that Xanathol made. Also much thanks to Khalib for figuring out how to get the saves in and out of the console.

Things you can do with the Editor
*Four Team Playoff
*Change Stadium Size
*Reset W-L Records and Recordbooks
*Bowl Matchups, Player Transfer Information & Team Sanctions

The purpose of this thread is to let you guys know that even though EA has abandoned the game the modding community is hard at figuring out work arounds to keep this game going as long as we possibly can. If you have more little writeups to add to the post feel free to and I will link them to this OP.

Tips On How to Bring in a save and put it back on your console.
XBox 360
Spoiler

PS3
UCallen's Guide to extracting PS3 MC02 files.
PS3 Guide 2

Generic Editor Config Files:
Right Click and "Save As" HERE to get a config file that eliminates players and many more table decreasing load time by a lot and leaving just the info need to edit Bowls, Teams, Recruits, AI and setup the playoffs. This also fixes the 2 Key error many have had. Files with teambuilder teams in them will not work.

Alt Method - No Modio
Special Thanks to nk619ny for his hard work in figuring it out!

DISCOVERY: HOW TO MAKE THE PLAYOFF ON THE XBOX WITHOUT MODIO

Download Horizon at wemod.com/horizon

Open Horizon
Open file explorer on your flash drive, and locate your NCAA save file. The file path should be USB -> a Folder called “Content” -> A Folder named after your xbox profile code -> a few more folders -> your save files.
Click and drag the save file into the middle of the empty space in the Horizon window.
Click the “contents” tab at the top right.
Right click on your dynasty file which will appear, and select “extract file”
Save this to a location, remembering where it is. I will refer to this as “Extracted File”

Open DB Editor
Click File, Load Config, and load either Xan or PocketScout’s config file
Click File, Open, and change the file type in the bottom left from *.MC02 to “All”
Open the Extracted File you saved earlier. This will take some time to load.

Now make the edits as needed for whatever step of the playoff you’re in or whatever changes you want. Follow the instructions PocketScout has provided here. Be sure to save the edits.

Return to Horizon. Once again, under the “contents” tab, right click on your dynasty file.
This time select “replace,” and find the Extracted File you just saved your edits to. Replace with that file. Horizon should confirm success.
Finally, click the “Save, Rehash, and Resign” tab at the top. Horizon should once again confirm success.

Take the USB, plug it into your xbox, and your edits will appear!

PocketScout 12-03-2013 11:38 PM

Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Four Team Playoff

UPDATED (1/18/2015)
Jello1717 has been playing around and discovered we do not need to wait until we have advanced the week before we replace our placeholder teams with winners. The reason to follow his lead is that it improves the poll logic of the teams who would otherwise look like they lost to a very bad team.

You will progress through the playoff the same as you always have, but instead of replacing the placeholder teams after you advance the week you do it as the last step right before you advance to the end of the bowl season. (link to Jello1717 post explaining the procedure. I have updated Yengator's post to reflect these findings.)

UPDATED (10/21/2014)
Thanks to Skulletor for posting the following information.

You do not have to supersim or play the games (as listed in step 3 and step 5). Go to the SGIN tab, and edit the Game # value to be 127 for all the games you edited (or simply mass edit all of them). This will allow you to sim the games and not have the messed up (very low rushing yards, very high passing yards) stats that come along with supersimming a game.

UPDATED (8/3/2014)
Here are a set of how to videos provided by UofCWildcat to help people get the playoff setup to work.

NCAA 14 Playoff MOD Opening (07:59): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVs4dGNMJOw
NCAA 14 Playoff MOD 4 Team Playoff Part 1 (30:09): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTkb3L0nJs
NCAA 14 Playoff MOD 4 Team Playoff Part 2 (30:41): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBF0rHjEE9U
NCAA 14 Playoff MOD 8 Team Playoff Part 1 (29:16): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIaeCHnUBRg
NCAA 14 Playoff MOD 8 Team Playoff Part 2 (50:08): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBjWZWrIjTo
NCAA 14 Playoff MOD 8 Team Playoff Part 3 (38:26): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97D...ature=youtu.be

Special thanks to Yengator as he figured out how to get it all to work and fix the limitations (record and stat saving) from the original post I made on how to create a four team playoff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yengator (Post 2045903176)
Pocketscout,

Thanks for your work on this, and I've been following your video dynasty also.

I have found a way to successfully save the stats from the semi-finals, where at years end, the records and stats (including the semifinals) are properly saved. I've done it 4 times now in my own offline dynasty using this method...

1. Set up semifinal matchups in lower bowls, as directed. In order to make "room" for the championship game participants, two teams lose their bowl bids. Here's a theoretical example with the computer determining these matchups...

Rose Bowl: #8 Oregon vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl: #3 Florida vs #5 Oklahoma
Natl Championship: #1 USC vs #2 Clemson
Chick-Fil-A Bowl (I modded this to be Sun Belt #4 vs MAC #5 to create a bowl with two teams to be eliminated): Akron vs Troy

2. As described above, Troy and Akron will eventually lose their bowl bids. Using the same established procedures to mod the matchups, set up the following:

Rose Bowl (semifinal): #1 USC vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl (semifinal): #2 Clemson vs #3 Florida
Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Oklahoma vs Oregon
Natl Championship: Akron vs Troy (bare with me here)

3. Play or sim (to sim be sure to change the Game # in the SGIN tab to 127 as mentioned in Skulletors findings) each of the new games, except the Natl Championship. Save dynasty file and go back into Editor.

Let's say #3 Florida and #1 USC win.

4. In the Rose Bowl, swap USC with Akron. In the Sugar Bowl, swap Florida with Troy. Now put USC and Florida in the Natl Championship instead of Akron and Troy. Leave everything else alone.

5. Play the NC game. Save file and open in Editor.

6. Replace Akron and Troy with USC and Florida in the Rose and Sugar bowls, respectively.

7. When you open the file in the game and Sim into the End of Season, all records, individual and team stats are accurate, to the best of my knowledge.

UPDATED: 1/19/2015 to reflect Jello1717's findings.

PocketScout 12-03-2013 11:42 PM

Stadium Size Change
I have seen people complaining about using Georgia State and being in the Georgia Dome with a max capacity of ~23k. To change that pull up the Editor, load the Dynasty Config, Load your file then go the the Places Tab, Stadiums Tab and then find Georgia States entry (223) Georgia Dome and change the capacity to what ever you want. This will not change the graphics of the stadiums but just the reported attendance at the games.

Poll Rankings
You can go in under the teams tab and then move over and change any of the polls in the game (Media, Coaches, or BCS)

PocketScout 12-03-2013 11:42 PM

Resetting Records
You can also use the editor to erase every teams All Time Win - Loss - Tie and Bowl records, Conference Championships and National Championships all under the Team Data tab then Teams tab. This is nice so you can easily see how well each program is doing in your dynasty not there overall life time just what has gone on during your dynasty.

You can also reset you teams record book but be warned simming will not reset the single game records and the National Longest Plays record. Those have to be accomplished playing out games, so I would not suggest modding them.

PocketScout 12-03-2013 11:46 PM

Bowl Matchups
You can edit any of your bowl matchups by going to the Places Tab and then Bowls Tab. Here you can select which teams play in which bowls so now we have better control of keeping up with what the future holds in the real life.

RedSoxFox7 made a great list of future Tie-Ins that you can check out here to keep up on current and future match ups.

Player Transfer Information (10/21/2014)
Posted by Hawkpride04

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkpride04 (Post 2046714173)
Ok guys the tab u are looking for is PLFL under Player Unknowns if there is a 28 that means the player will stay in school this must be doing the week after coaching changes
1: Projected 1st round
2: Projected 2nd round
3: Projected 3 round
4: Projected 4 round
5: Projected 5 round
6: Projected 6 round
7: Projected 7 round
9: Transfer(Leaving)
10: Transfer(Playing Time)
11: Transfer(Playing Time)
14: Transfer(Coach Leaving)
15: Transfer(Home Sick)
16: Staying: Pro Draft
17: Staying: Transfer
19: Pro Draft Projected Round 1
20: Pro Draft Projected Round 2
21: Pro Draft Projected Round 3
22: Pro Draft Projected Round 4
23: Pro Draft Projected Round 5
24: Pro Draft Projected Round 6
25: Pro Draft Projected Round 7
26: Graduation
28:Stays In School

19-26 Is for seniors thats coming out with this u can choose who goes to the draft and wat not. Also the 6 tab over named type needs to be changed as well

0:For those Staying in School
1:For those Transferring Schools
3:For those Removing from the game

The Draft stuff is easy but there are more steps for transfers click the unknown tabs and look for two sub tabs one is PLSS and the other is TRAN in the TRAN tab u get to choose the school

Good luck and let me know if you guys get stuck

Putting Teams on Probation (12/9/2014)
Thanks to BRASKA15 and jackster802

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRASKA15 (Post 2046889792)
NCAA Sanction Value in Editor and How it correlates to NCAA 14:
Put in # = Penalty in game

From what I've found so far.... Looking to see if there is a bowl ban but I doubt it. Also thinking about giving all military schools the sanction of -20 scholarships..

1= (-10) scholarships
2= (-15) scholarships
3= (-20) Scholarships
4= (-25) Scholarships

This needs to be done at the start of each season.

ACardAttack 12-09-2013 11:14 AM

This is amazing! Any chance of getting a video guide for this?

big earl 12-09-2013 05:07 PM

shot in the dark here - any chance you guys can get us a uniform editor?

PocketScout 12-09-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big earl (Post 2045752546)
shot in the dark here - any chance you guys can get us a uniform editor?

Khalib has actually spent a little time looking at that but I am unsure of his findings.