Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Franchise Mode Questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=689485)

BIGE888 12-04-2013 10:01 AM

Franchise Mode Questions

I'm finally going to start a franchise mode or whatever the heck they call it nowadays. Got some questions though and would appreciate if y'all could help me out.

1. Should I go offline or online? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Was thinking about doing an online one because I heard that patches and updates would be put out right away for an online one. It will just be me solo and I don't really care for any of the web app stuff.

2. Can you you use custom playbooks? If so do I have to create one BEFORE I start my franchise? I think I read that if you use a custom playbook in franchise that those awesome in game saves won't work. If that's the case then no big deal I just won't use them.

3. When using a team with a domed stadium is the roof always closed no matter the weather? I'd like to go with the Colts but maybe not.

4. Whats the deal with the white sleeve glitch bug thing? Do rookies all have white sleeves in any weather or something? Man that would suck.

5. Any major bugs/glitches I should be aware of in franchise?

hoopvillian 12-04-2013 03:52 PM

Re: Franchise Mode Questions

Online Pro: Everything updated faster
Online Con:Can't access unless online

Offline Pro: Can reset/load old saves instead of autosaves
Offline Con: Wait for patches

And yes you can use custom playbooks. You don't need to make them before the franchise starts. Just make sure (atleast in my case) that you open the playbook selection box before starting your game and making sure it's set to your custom ones or it will choose the default one you choose when creating your franchise.

BIGE888 12-05-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopvillian (Post 2045735875)
Online Pro: Everything updated faster
Online Con:Can't access unless online

Offline Pro: Can reset/load old saves instead of autosaves
Offline Con: Wait for patches

And yes you can use custom playbooks. You don't need to make them before the franchise starts. Just make sure (atleast in my case) that you open the playbook selection box before starting your game and making sure it's set to your custom ones or it will choose the default one you choose when creating your franchise.

Hmm didn't think of the saving thing I'll keep that in mind. How long approximately is the wait for updates to be applied for offline? Weeks? Days? If its a huge difference then I might just go with online.

sontzu 12-05-2013 03:30 PM

You can load old saves in offline.
Toggle to the connected franchise page on the second page. There it gives you the option to create or resume offline franchise. Toggle to resume offline. Then it gives option to resume or delete. Click delete. Don't worry. Nothing will be deleted. Then on the next page it will show all the available saved franchises. Click on the one you want and load.

hoopvillian 12-06-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGE888 (Post 2045738994)
Hmm didn't think of the saving thing I'll keep that in mind. How long approximately is the wait for updates to be applied for offline? Weeks? Days? If its a huge difference then I might just go with online.

I don't know, don't think they've put out a patch or update yet (beside rosters).