Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   What offensive scheme are you running? (/forums/showthread.php?t=689529)

dghustla 12-04-2013 01:00 PM

What offensive scheme are you running?

What offense scheme and playbooks are running?
What are your favorite personnel packages and why?

I have the balance playbook in MUT.
my team is rated a 77.

I have 86ovr CJ spiller as RB and bunch of 80ovr rookies everywhere else.

I'm having success using 3WR 1TE and 1 RB in single back or gun formations.
Running a very vanilla offense that is predicated on numbers in the box. I use a lot of clock unintentionally because I am calling an audible almost every play or faking an audible on every play.

I usually come to the line with a dive, zone, or passing play not available in my audible selection called. I look at the box. If the defender is in nickle or dime. I run the ball.

If the defense is stacking the box. I want to audible to a play-action or keep the passing play i have called already. I usually look for the LB that is matched up on a TE or WR and I try to get them isolated. Also I periodically come out in a WR screen which is great if they stack the box.

If they are in base defense I may get both a WR and TE matched up on a linebacker. Or they might be sending the house. To counter I like to motion the HB out of the backfield to identify his defender and slide protection according to the numbers.

This also gives me a 1-on-1 with Spiller matched up on a LB or Safety. If a safety covers spiller it means that a LB is on the TE or they are sending 7 and someone (most likely the TE) is wide open.

The real key to this offense is to play the numbers 90% of the time. Even on 3rd and 5 I will attempt a run if I see a 5-on-5 and trust that my center will get to the second level and block the MLB.