Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Powerhouse school question (/forums/showthread.php?t=689574)

whughes 12-04-2013 04:22 PM

Powerhouse school question

I really like the Georgia Tech playbook with the flexbone formations. Im playing on OD with a couple buddies and they are all picking the bigger powerhouse programs and i don't think Georgia Tech's D could keep up with them. So my question is what big schools have the personnel in place right now to be successful running the flexbone offense?

lukeouh 12-04-2013 04:28 PM

Re: Powerhouse school question

Quote:

Originally Posted by whughes (Post 2045735959)
I really like the Georgia Tech playbook with the flexbone formations. Im playing on OD with a couple buddies and they are all picking the bigger powerhouse programs and i don't think Georgia Tech's D could keep up with them. So my question is what big schools have the personnel in place right now to be successful running the flexbone offense?

I would stick with Georgia Tech. There offensive players are drastically underrated. There defenese is athletic and the #4 CB has excellent hands. Also they have a solid D Line and the defensive rating in 88. If not i think Texas A&M, and Ohio State.

mgcst5 12-04-2013 11:16 PM

Actually Oklahoma doesnt have too bad of a fit IMO. Put Millard as BBack, Clay and Finch at A Backs. Idk if there defense is any better though.

TheDominator273 12-05-2013 01:28 AM

Most spread teams will translate nicely to a Flexbone offense

whughes 12-07-2013 11:31 AM

Actually spread teams don't usually work because they don't have the power backs on roster that you need to successfully run the flexbone

TheDominator273 12-07-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whughes (Post 2045744532)
Actually spread teams don't usually work because they don't have the power backs on roster that you need to successfully run the flexbone

The normal fullback usually isn't a bad choice for the first year until you can bring in someone with the skills you want.